Valve pinning. Bombed the first attempt.

Started by onebaddj, April 23, 2017, 08:54:31 PM

onebaddj

I am still alive and well just been stupid busy getting ready to retire.

Finally got a few minutes last week and tried to pin the valve on the bulk fed gun i built for my son. Peened and drilled the holes through the tube and into the valve body then tapped them got everything cleaned up and ready to go back together and the screws go in perfect on one side but leak even after putting thread lock on it and letting dry and the other side is at a bad angle and stripped out the small hex head hole but good news does not leak! Lol man that did not go as planned. This is my boss valve rear half also. Will jb weld the holes shut and try again on the solid end with blind holes. This gun has been a complete pain in the but. Every peice has had to be custom fitted. That goodness this is the 3rd 22xx platform i have had so am in posession of tons of spare parts even after the last garage sale i had. And if all else fails i still have a brand new ss valve from another source and can quickly just put it back to co2 cartriges.

Wish me luck!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Trophyhunter49

You're going to have to get a new lower half.  I have never had any trouble drilling and pinning the valve at all, Never had any leaks either.
   Post some pics. of the valve pkease so we can get a look at what might be wrong and causeing you to have keaks.

Mike

BillK

Where is the leak?  If it's out the barrel it probably is some dirt in the valve holding it open.  Hopefully. ;)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

onebaddj

Thanks for the replies gents! Ill probably get to this again next weekend. It is leaking out around the valve body on the left new screw hole.i put more locktite on that hole and it leaked less. Ill tear it all apart and start over plus post pics.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: onebaddj on May 08, 2017, 01:41:06 AM
Thanks for the replies gents! Ill probably get to this again next weekend. It is leaking out around the valve body on the left new screw hole.i put more locktite on that hole and it leaked less. Ill tear it all apart and start over plus post pics.
:-* :-* :-*