• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman Vigilante optics options

Started by riverboats, May 16, 2017, 05:55:44 AM

riverboats

I've had a run of online ordering bad luck. I want a red dot sight for the Vigilante. My price range is 100 US dollars if its small, it would then pull double duty on my Ruger Mark II Target bull barrel powder burner.

Really though I just want a cheapy. I've tried two, one won't work because it was much bigger than advertised and hits the front sight, the other won't work because it has two bars running though the picc/weaver built in mount and the forward bar hits the cosmetic rib on the barrel.

This gun is kinda fun but i just have to get an optic on it to push it to it limits before I will be happy:)

Anyone ever messed with this and what did you find easiest and cheapest to stick on top of this thing?

I'm not really expecting it to be a big performer in accuracy but I started down this road and now I gotta play with it.

farrlarr

As you can see from my avatar, I have a red dot sight on my Crosman 357, not exactly the same as the Vigilante but pretty darn close.  It is a cheapie AfterMath sight, bought at WalMart for probably around $25.  It works well for me and might be something for you to try.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Flex

Each to their own (I guess) but I just think that a Red Dot (type) sight atop a revolver style handgun just looks out of place. I could be in the minority here, we'll see based upon replies  ???. I have a Black Ops Exterminator ".357 revolver" that's one of the many clones that are similar to the Crosman SR357.

It came with Weaver/Picatinny rails above and below the barrel. It wasn't long until I removed the upper rail. I took some pics first ;). I would have done the same to the lower rail but it involved cutting metal from the gun and I didn't want to do that. I can't speak about  the Vigilante as I don't have one but the BH "Exterminator" just doesn't have the accuracy or precision (in my hands) to warrant a scope of any kind. That's just me. I'm thinking about getting a Vigilante but haven't decided yet. If I do, it won't be wearing a scope ;).
Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol