• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My nv camera rigs for night hunting.

Started by onebaddj, May 30, 2017, 12:09:21 AM

onebaddj

This is the more complex one but has the camera right there on the scope. I had to remove the factory rail and drill a couple holes in an extra one i had. Once drilled and countersunk to match the factory holes i slapped it on the scope, added the camera and it is ready to rock and roll. My 2 set up is much easier. All you need it a utg rail adaptor and a peice of flat metal. Drill the picitinny base and attach the flat metal then attach camera to the end. I had an actual camera mount i think from a tripod i got. Its a very easy setup to throw together. I think i need to invest in an nicer camera though so i can make better nv shooting videos. 

i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Trophyhunter49

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

Kilmister

Shoot, shoot, shoot, hey!
Please tell me kind, I'm out of my mind
And I'm telling you
It's not that I'm bad, I'm totally mad
I'm a boogaloo
I'm certain, I must be a burden
Completely...
Over the top, over the top!

Monkeydad1969

That's his coyote/ratting rig, but would be perfect for hawgs. :-*
Joe
Aurora, CO.

onebaddj

Would work for anything day or night. The camera i have for nights is about to get drop kicked. Works great for days but only has about 25 yd range at night and always has battery issues. Batteries are fine just cannot keep a good contact on them. $95 sere camera. Its going to be a target.

Multigunner

Only NV I have now is a low end police surplus monocular, such as detectives use to monitor activity in a park at night.

Not much definition but uses cheap AA batteries. It has a built in illuminator for use indoors.

I was pleased to see that in in a dark room my cat's eyes cast beams like headlights, very spooky.

Been thinking of fitting the monocular to a board mounted on a telescope tripod and my Digital Video camera on the same board to try to get night vision videos.

BillK

Very nice rigs you have there.  I do enjoy your hunt videos.   Thanks.  :-*
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

onebaddj

Glad i can help. Man i spent about 3 hours last night breaking down my shooters.