• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pro's and cons of 1377

Started by cooki, May 02, 2011, 04:44:25 PM

cooki

I've already got a 2240&im partly through modifying it but now I'm looking at 1377.I don't no anything about them other than they are pump up pistols&seem to have a longer barrel than the 2240&have a fore stock on them like a rifle.
What are they like?are they more powerfull than a 2240?what's good or bad about them&is it with me getting one or would u move on to a 2250b or xt for next project??

Thanks in advance :)
live each day as if its your last,because one day it will be

quickster47 †

There are possibly several advantages to the 1377 over the 2240 but the one that almost everyone agrees on is the fact that a 2240 uses CO2 and in the winter months you tend to lose some power because of the characteristics of CO2 and cold weather.  But the 1377 being a pumper does not suffer that same problem.

They can both be modded equally and of course, on this forum we have many proponents of each platform.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

I love Co2 guns and now have 2 2240 based guns, but I also have a 1377 that will undergo some mild changes. For me it is a great target gun and many use it for short range hunting. The only drawback is having to pump it, but for target shooting, I find 4-5 pumps give me consistant POI and power. My first one was turned into a 1322 with a 12" .22 barrel and a homemade flat top, bloodwood and cocobo grips and CB breech. My best friend is now the owner of it. Trust me you need one or two of them to suppliment your CO2's.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Plasticman

I have 2 -1377 and 1- 2240 indoors the 1377 are nice becuase you can pump what ever power you want. I find my modded 2240 overkill for indoor 10 meter target but it is great outdoors. One of each is the way to go.

cooki

thanks for the info guys i thinks its definatly a pistol i will be looking to buy in the not so far future.
very good point about the pumping beeing better than the co2 will be much more accurate+wouldnt have to pay out as much as wouldnt need cartridges  :-*
live each day as if its your last,because one day it will be