• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Two Screw vs. Three Screw Handle Frame

Started by Noah, August 09, 2011, 06:25:50 AM

Noah

Hey Everybody!

Say, what is the deal with Crosman's two screw handle vs. the three screw handle? As a few of you know, I bought a new trigger set up and when it arrived, it didn't fit. In short, the parts were made for the TWO screw handle frame and would NOT work for the THREE screw handle frame. Explanation? Did I miss something?  ???

As George Costanza would say, "Stickin me! STICKIN ME!!!"
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Madkoifish

BAH your talking the whole bloody frame not the stupid plate UGH reading comprehensiion FAIL on my part. Sorry, these are the part numbers
2 hole frame 1322A051
3 hole frame 2300A035

Old post leaving it for others who migh tneed the plate #s
Are you talking the trigger plate? vs the grip frame? Those parts are different numbers so if you ordered the 3 screw and got a 2 screw plate then someone screwed up.
part #s for the 2 screw are 1322a044
This is listed in all 3 parts lists on the site for 1377s

I do not see a pdf at Crosman for the pc77/new 1377 with the new gripframe. So that # would be something you would require from calling a Crosman Rep.
BUT knowing what guns use that grip works.
1701 1700 and the benji maurader use it
Part # for 3 screw plate is 1322B044

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/service/manuals/crosman-pistols

Thing I have to stick to Crosman is their lack of updates on the manuals and part #s for newer guns. The Marauder still has no parts list the updated 1377/pc77 etc and so on.

Noah

Thanks for the reply, Madkoifish,

Please pardon my ignorance, but I think we are sort of on the same page. In short, how was I to know that my grip frame or whatever it is referred to may be different? In what year(s) were/was the change(s) made? 'Still learning the ropes, my friend  :-*

Be cool and take care  ;)
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

eric

if you are referring to the new trigger group that is in the marauder pistol and the 1701P (the adjustable 2 stage trigger)  ??? the grip frames came out late last year ---- they had to redesign the frame to work with the new trigger group .crosman probably won't update their manuals for a bit and going on just a guess that if someone orders the new trigger group then they should know that they need a new grip frame --- they won't ask .just like the new and old style metal breech. they do have pretty good customer service though so either send it back or find a new grip frame from either crosman or maybe trade yours for a current one thru one of the many classifieds   
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Madkoifish

Well at first I thought you mean the trigger cover plate but then I thought maybe it is the grip frame itself. :D

Yeah, I second eric, someone would be interested or Im sure a rep can arrange a correction to the order. I have had nothing but good exp with Crosman phone reps.