1377C with 1389 Forearm

Started by bildio, August 31, 2011, 01:01:04 AM

bildio

I just installed the 1389 forearm on my new 1377C, and gave it a quick try. As many of you know, it makes it a lot easier to pump than the stock forearm. The last couple of pumps, to 10 pumps, are still hard, but easier than the stock forearm. Also, less chance of pinched fingers so I can pump faster. It's well worth the $9.45 from Crosman. I'm very happy with it.

Next, I'll be installing a MellonAir 16 inch barrel & 4 1/2 inch aluminum muzzle brake with a black anodized barrel band from Michael Chavka.

I've got the Crosman shoulder stock ready to install after some trigger assembly work.

I got the MellonAir FT piston & valve, but I'm going to use the stock valves for a while. Same with the MellonAir SS long probe bolt.

Bill

Make MY day

Looks good.  Just might have to order one myself.  What scope do you have on the gun and how do you like it?  Thinking of dumping my BSA RedDot or saving it for another gun.
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

bildio

Quote from: Make MY day on August 31, 2011, 01:21:55 AM
Looks good.  Just might have to order one myself.  What scope do you have on the gun and how do you like it?  Thinking of dumping my BSA RedDot or saving it for another gun.

The scope on this pistol is the Leapers/UTG 4x32 Compact CQB Bug Buster. I like this scope very much. I have a couple of Leapers/UTG 3-9x32 Bug Buster scopes that I like a little better than the 4x32. They're just about the same size, but it's nice to have variable magnification. The big plus with these scopes is the adjustable objective for parallax. I've tried several scopes, & these are the best for me. They don't have a long eye relief though.
Bill

quickster47 †

Your gun looks amazingly similar to the one I am working with right now.  Good choice.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Noah

Nice looking and great idea. So, I assume the screw holes are the exact same for the 1377 and the 1389?  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

bildio

Quote from: quickster47 on August 31, 2011, 02:02:59 AM
Your gun looks amazingly similar to the one I am working with right now.  Good choice.  :)
Carl

Good to hear.

I may use the SS pin that came with with the black barrel band instead of the MellonAir pump arm pin which has the brass nuts.
Bill

bildio

Quote from: Noah on August 31, 2011, 02:31:37 AM
Nice looking and great idea. So, I assume the screw holes are the exact same for the 1377 and the 1389?  ???

Yes, the pin holes are spaced the same. The pins are the same too. So, I reused the ones from the 1377 forearm.
Bill

bildio

I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered the 1389 forearm, and shoulder stock from Crosman. The shoulder stock, as a parts order, costs $10.87. Otherwise, it costs $26.59.
Bill

bildio

Barrel (16 inch), 4 1/2 inch muzzle brake, & shoulder stock installed. I am really impressed with how comfortable this gun is due to the shoulder stock. From a looks perspective, which is why I added the longer barrel & muzzle brake, I wish I went with a longer barrel. When I ordered the combo I assumed the muzzle brake was going to add a couple of inches to the length, but it adds about 1/2 inch.

Bill

Crosshairs

Sweet looking Rig nice work. :-*
                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

tinker

Nice and simple, Excellent build :-*
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!