• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 1088

Started by DJammer, September 29, 2011, 01:19:08 AM

DJammer

Bought a 1088 that had never been shot, off Craigs for a song and wondered if any one has tuned or tinkered with theirs?
Shot a couple clips and it seems to function OK for right out of the box, not broke in.
Did have a couple jams trying the rapid fire double action mode, but the single action: pulling the hammer back and then firing, seemed to be fine.
Trigger pull could use some work and was wondering if anyone has had it apart and can offer tips before I dive in...
Thanks
David
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Crosshairs

I have 2 of them one is silver still in blister pack but i do shoot the black one. They are a bit pellet pickie i find the round nose and the flat nose seem to feed better no pointed pellets.I haven't open mine up no reasion to yet but im sure something can be done to the trigger. Let me know if you do anything.
                                                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

My neighbor gave me his 1088. It is not very accurate and only has a windage adjustment on the rear site. The rotary clip is known to jam constantly when rapid firing. Using a clip on single action generally seemed to work fine. All that said, it is fun to shoot and would be a good first pistol for a kid.

I decided not to fiddle with the internals after looking at the parts diagram and finding little modding info on this pistol online. Decided to give it to a friend.
Larry

Coopieclan

I took  my 1088 out to the range and I discovered it is a little pellet picky.
The rotary clips become part of the barrel and I think they are sometimes worn.
I was using Gamo Match .177 pellets and some of them would not fly when shot.
So I switched to a cheap Chinese pellet, which have a big skirt.
They flew 100% of the time.
I guess to really shoot the 1088 right you should have fresh rotary clips.
I'm sure I can get the parts.

I shot this target for the GTA tournament.