• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman or Mellon barrel?

Started by chinaboy, October 01, 2011, 02:45:15 AM

chinaboy

Should I buy my barrel from MellonAir or Crosman?  Is there much of a difference?

laptopdragon

mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
mellonair
yes, there is a difference.
a huge difference....
a gaping, humongous difference...
pix may arrive later tonight, but right now, im still working...and (maybe) waiting on (slow) shipping from crosman for their all steel breech (9 days in delivery btw..while mellonair was able to get a barrel to me in <4 days)

Joshua A

The mellon air barrel will have a nice professional grade crown on the barrel end, and will be inspected closely for any type of imperfection. Ordering one from crosman can be hit or miss. their crowns are typically somewhat sloppy. You can get a specific custom size from mellon as well, which is nice. Charlie is a very skilled craftsman, it shows in his work. You can cut and crown a barrel yourself if you order from crosman, if you know what you are doing. I myself leave it up to the pros lol. I've ordered several barrels from charlie though and the crowns were always completely top notch. The most accurate guns I own have barrels on them that i got from him.
J.Austin

chinaboy

Sure, put up some pics if you want.  But I think I'm sold already.  I want an accurate gun.

I have a few other items I would like to get from him as well.