High Rise Breech for 1322 and Barrel bands

Started by chinaboy, October 01, 2011, 04:16:00 AM

chinaboy

I am thinking of investing in a Don Cothran high rise breech.  I heard they are sweet.   I have a few questions.

What barrel band would I need and where would I get it?  If I don't do a high rise I would buy a plastic 1389 barrel band from Mellon Air or crosman or an aluminum from GMAc.  But If I go for a high rise what would I do.  I never seen an option for a high rise 1322, only a 22xx.  If I go this route I might ask Don Cothran to do a custon for me, but I don't know.  I think it would be sweet to add a cap on the end and use a 22xx barrel band closer to the breech and carve away some of the forearm where it wouldn't interfere with the pumping action.  I never seen this done though.

With a high rise breech do I need to modify my valve too?  The thing that the probe/bolt pushes back to cock the guns hammer spring in the ready position I would think would need to be taller or longer in order to work too. ???

quickster47 †

If you end up getting a high rise breech then your best bet would be to float the barrel.  That is, just do without a barrel band.  Unless, of course, you want to make your own barrel band.  I do NOT think I've ever seen a high rise barrel band for the 1377.

Carl

BTW, I have one of Don's high rise breechs and it is excellent.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †