• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Stock CS Carbine ?

Started by jpip, October 06, 2011, 03:26:10 AM

jpip

Hello,

I am planning on buying several of the custom shop carbines with the 18" barrel (.177). Is there a chart, or does anyone know what type of velocity I can expect from it. What about the 14" and the 24" also.

Thanks a lot,
jpip

quickster47 †

In the testing I did I used a 1377 but you should find the results helpful.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=2522.0

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

jpip

Thanks Carl. I don't know for sure if results would be that much different with the C02, but it appears that there is very little difference between 14 and 18 inch.

Thanks again :-*

quickster47 †

Here is another test I did with 3 brand new 2250b guns from the Crosman Custom Shop.  The only thing I did when I received them is clean the barrels and then take them to the crony.  One has a 14" barrel, one has an 18" barrel, and the last one has a 24" barrel.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

jpip

Hello again Carl,

Were there supposed to be some velocity readings with the three?

Thanks

quickster47 †

Quote from: jpip on October 06, 2011, 08:20:34 PM
Hello again Carl,

Were there supposed to be some velocity readings with the three?

Thanks

Well duh!!!  :( :( :(  I hate it when I do that...

Okay, they are attached here as a picture.  All this data was gathered using Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum pellets weighing in at 10.5 grains and a fresh powerlet.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

T191032

Here is some information about my 2400KT, if that will help you.  Keep in mind, I had already installed the Power Adjuster before velocity testing began. I was shooting, pun intended, for #s of shots from a CO2 cartridge -

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3842.msg37688#msg37688
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

jpip

Thanks fellows. Very helpful indeed :-*

jpip

Hey Carl,

How is the trigger on those? I want to get one for my 9 y.o. daughter, but I'm concerned about the pull weight. I bought her a crosman1077 rifle and she can barely pull the trigger with 2 fingers. Not impressed with it.

Thanks much,
Jacob

T191032

They are fitted adjustable tension device.  And you can swap out the spring, if need be, though as a safety measure in the hands of a youngester, you might not wanna.  ???
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

quickster47 †

Here is a picture of the CCS trigger adjustment.  It works pretty good and even with the included spring you can definitely tell the difference when it is adjusted to the lightest setting.  And as 'T' mentioned you can always go to a good hardware store and find a weaker spring which can make the trigger even lighter.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

jpip

Perfect. Just the answers I was looking for ;) Thanks for taking the time guys :)