• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Just A Little Help Please

Started by jpip, October 11, 2011, 04:42:33 PM

jpip

Hello,

Ok, I am not new to airgunning, but I am a little unsure about CO2 operation. Let me just lay these questions out.

I am planning on ordering from the custom shop, five 2400KT's with 18" barrels. These will be Christmas gifts for family.

I intend on getting .177 with 18" barrels to get some additional velocity for longer target shooting (when necessary). But, will I really see a significant gain? I have two Air Arms Rifles. One springer(.177), and one pcp (.22). There is definitely a reson for the jump to .22 with the pcp, but would this be so with a 2400KT?

The .22 pellets would definitely be easier to handle, but I'm just uncertain whether the inherent lower velocity associated with them is worth it?

In short, I don't know if I should get these in .22, or .177 ???

Any help is appreciated ;)

quickster47 †

I bought three 2400KT carbines, which are based on the Crosman 2250b.  My three have different barrel lengths and here is some data I took using them.  You can see the differences and make you own decision about their effectiveness.  These are all .22 cal and use one CO2 powerlet.

Carl

For these tests I was using JSB .22 Cal. Diabolo Exact Jumbo Express pellets weighing in at 14.3 grains.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †