• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 slight mods

Started by RC1947, October 14, 2011, 08:54:21 PM

RC1947

The grips have been filled with epoxy, metal breech, polished the trigger mechanism using 1000 grit wet & dry and shimmed the parts (white plastic milk bottle makes for good, homemade washers), and added a Tasco Red Dot, which is a good answer to ageing eyes that can't focus on a notch or peep sight.  The rimfire red dot is the one to get; I didn't, and had to buy a rimfire to Weaver mount.  Easy to zero since it comes very close out of the box. RC

tdg

Looks good, weights a bit more now i am sure. :-*

quickster47 †

I really like your basic approach.  Great gun + excellent red dot = loads fo fun.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

RC1947

The red dot and mount did change the balance somewhat, but it's a matter of me getting used to it.  I'm pretty much in the practical mod group, not much into the brass add-ons, though some of the guns other's have modded do look spectacular.  Simply put, I like to shoot, not too concerned with aesthetics.  A stock 2240 shoots more accurately than I am, though refining the trigger mechanism makes it feel so much smoother, and that much more of a pleasure to shoot.  Thanks guys, RC

Crosshairs

Off to a good start nice Red dot  :-*
                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

You took a good air pistol and made it into a great air pistol with your modifications. Hope you enjoy using it.
Larry

quickster47 †

I have one that is very, very similar to yours.  I added just a couple of things but not sure they will stay on this one.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

LeadHead22

So for a 15 to 25 meter target plinker should I go with the Red Dot or a pistol scope for my Custom Shop 22 with 10 in barrel, long steel breech?

quickster47 †

Quote from: LeadHead22 on October 16, 2011, 07:33:33 AM
So for a 15 to 25 meter target plinker should I go with the Red Dot or a pistol scope for my Custom Shop 22 with 10 in barrel, long steel breech?

That's a tough call and it depends on how serious you are about your plinking.  Personally, I would go for a scope but then I also have a Konus red dot on my 1377 that I use for plinking at those distances.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

quickster
what mount is that you are using for the red dot in the pic?
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on October 16, 2011, 04:55:59 PM
quickster
what mount is that you are using for the red dot in the pic?

They are the B-Square two piece mounts.  A little pricey but they fit real good and look nice and they are low profile.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/B_Square_17025_2_Pc_3_8_to_Weaver_Base/2131

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Brutuz

Hope you like your new avatar  :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

tungam

Looks good.  I am kind of a minimalist when it comes to modding airguns.  I like things like longer barrels and breeches for mounting optics.  Sometimes people go a little overboards IMO.  I have seen a few of these guns go well past $500  (they are pretty though).  I understand the Mod bug can be quite strong though.  Some folks here would have a heart attack if they bought a Ruger 10/22 LOL.

How about a look at inside of your epoxy filled grips.  I have been thinking of something similar.  Any tips or recomendations on how you did it.  I have filled some of the el-cheapo plastic stocks with foam before but not played with the stock grips.

RC1947

Quote from: Brutuz on July 10, 2012, 05:10:58 PM
Hope you like your new avatar  :-*
Thanks.  I hadn't been around for a while, and when I saw the avatar I had no idea how it got there, but it works for me.  :-*RC

Fronzdan

Btw, the adapters that Carl linked are available on eBay...they aren't authentic B-Square, more likely made in China knockoffs.  But they are identical to the more expensive ones at $12 a pair.  They work well and I use them on several guns.  Same "cons" as the bsquares too.  They are aluminum and the screws are a bit soft. I tightened the head right off of one once.

I hear ya on the usefulness of the red dots.  My eyes have trouble focusing on three different planes at once with iron sights, these days.  Also look forward to see how the epoxy was applied to the grips. I assume this is to tighten them up and prevent that shifting that can occur?