• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Sighting in? This is weird.... I think??

Started by Capt. Thomas, October 18, 2011, 01:37:35 PM

Capt. Thomas

Ok, while I was deployed I was watching the F/S ads and picked up several guns. 2 new / like new 2240's, a PC77 and a slightly used 1377. I had time to play with them today and all four of them shoot way high and to the right at 10m  :o

Ok so I break out the screw driver and start adjusting the sights, no biggie.... right? Uh, all four of them have the rear sight in the bottom of the slot as low as it will go anf the still shoot high??

Is this unusual or what? I'm going to have to cut the adjustment slot longer to get more adjustment and or cut the sight housing as well. Does this sound right? Has anyone had this issue and or had to cut the sight deeper?

Thanks guys,

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

Crosshairs

Yep it's normal at least for Crosman.I had to shave a bit off of the bottom of the sight on a few of mine to get it to shoot lower.
                                                    Mike

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

PistolMan

Sometimes you have to make some adaptions yes.
Shimming is it called, if i'm not wrong ?..  :-[

Dipence on what kind of scope, Red Dot and weapon you got !  ;)

greetingsss...Guido  :P
PistolMan is the name Pistol shooting my game..

Steyr LP5.
.25 Marauder Pistol aka RATBLASTER.

quickster47 †

Do all the new guns have the OEM front sight or do any of them have the Crosman muzzle brake with the screw in sight post?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Capt. Thomas

Quote from: quickster47 on October 18, 2011, 02:49:56 PM
Do all the new guns have the OEM front sight or do any of them have the Crosman muzzle brake with the screw in sight post?

Carl

They all have the factory plastic front sight. Like I said, it looks like I'm going to have to not only lengthen the slot in the rear sight blade but to drop it farther down I will have to cut the groove in the sight base deeper as well to see the front blade in the notch  ???

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

JEBert

QuoteThey all have the factory plastic front sight. Like I said, it looks like I'm going to have to not only lengthen the slot in the rear sight blade but to drop it farther down I will have to cut the groove in the sight base deeper as well to see the front blade in the notch
Both of my 1377's were like that.  I filed down the rear plastic sight body and the metal notch on the first one and changed the breech to a metal one to add an aftermarket sight before I messed with the sight on the second one.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)