• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Springs?

Started by chinaboy, October 20, 2011, 01:49:51 AM

chinaboy

I want to get a lighter spring for my trigger.  I finally took the assembly apart and polished the contact points.  I added some #6 nylon washers.  I noticed the importance of a lighter spring when I was doing this.  I'm still learning on this stuff.  Anyway, where could I get a smaller spring? 

Also, I'm thinking of getting a heavier hammer spring too.  Thanks for any replies.

quickster47 †

Many folks take the OEM spring and compress it with a pair of pliers or in a vise.  A better alternative is to head over to your local ACE hardware store with the original spring and go through there selection.  You can usually find a good replacement.  I think that T191032 went to an ACE hardware store and got a bunch of springs that would work and the part numbers.

Take a look in this thread for some more information.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=2643.msg25166#msg25166

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

Tapping on to quickster47's post, I saw a great way to compress the stock spring on a video somewhere. Put the spring on the shaft of a screwdriver and then slide a fender washer on top. Use the washer to evenly compress the spring. If you squish too much, you can stretch it out some.
Larry

quickster47 †

Larry that is a great tip.   :-*  Glad you shared it with us.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

DJammer

I second the ACE hardware tip, thats where I source mine.
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

PistolMan

sometimes you can help yourself with a spring of an; Lighter or BallPen, is that the word ?
Ballpen ?
You know; such a kind of Pencil to write with, what you can click in and out !  ;)

But ther're also special springs to buy, for instens at; SD custom shop, in England !  :-*

greetingsss...Guido  :P
PistolMan is the name Pistol shooting my game..

Steyr LP5.
.25 Marauder Pistol aka RATBLASTER.

T191032

Quote from: breakfastchef on October 20, 2011, 03:04:50 AM
Tapping on to quickster47's post, I saw a great way to compress the stock spring on a video somewhere. Put the spring on the shaft of a screwdriver and then slide a fender washer on top. Use the washer to evenly compress the spring. If you squish too much, you can stretch it out some.

Yep, probably the first "Mod" I ever did was this one, before the spring was replaced by the A. C. spring/follower in my 1377 Target pistol.  You know with me, it had to be something simple I couldn't screw up.  ROFL
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.