• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Funny Thing happened the other day while I was waiting to mod a 1377...

Started by Squallywally, October 22, 2011, 03:30:30 AM

Squallywally

I built a 2289. As close to bone stock as possible.

I know, nothing unusual, but I have not owned one. I have passed on owning them for years, and they have not made an impression on me at all...
Until I built one.

I have been very interested in breakdown rifles/carbines for a while. I bought a QB57 this year and enjoy it tremendously and I have been admiring Zoned's Ultra Carbine for a long time.

See    http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=1110.msg8553#msg8553

So I have had these plans for building one similar and building a fancy walnut box to store/display it in.
As you all have experienced, you are waiting for cash and parts to show up and you can't stand the wait and you just start putting things together with stuff just laying around.
Well, thats what happened, an American Classic "Backpacker"   14" barrel, 2289 pumper arm, the stock,the large handle brass bolt and plastic breech off my 2260 with the open sights.
No frills...  I can't put it down. I liked it so much that I ordered another 1389 green stock that has not been drilled out for the grip screws, and also ordered the stock detent pin and spring so the stock can be quick detached.

The 2289G was a really great design, and I think it also has something to do with me reaching middle age.

I am now 45 and have had the usual experience of middle age, (high blood pressure, arthritis, and bi-focals). I really enjoy shooting pistols but after 10 good shots, things start to get a little shaky. So the stock helps steady things. The gun is well proportioned and very comfortable to shoot.
The plastic breech opening is right on top, the bolt doesn't have an extended probe and its easy to get a pellet right in there on the first try, and there is no scope in the way to see if the pellet is pointing in the right direction.  i find that if I have 10 or 15 minutes of free time to shoot a little, Thats the gun I grab.

I know, nothing spectacular, just me sharing an experience.
I am still going to build a gun like Zoned's and put it in a fancy walnut box. The problem is, I now have to come up with another 1377 to start with. :-*

ScottyB

I'm right there with ya with an interest in a detachable stock.  As it stands now I keep a screwdriver in my gun bag so I can swap grips to stock.  I too like zoneds set up.
"Thank God for rednecks!"-Tallahassee/Zombieland

quickster47 †

Well all I can say is that it looks like you have arrived.  And been bitten by the Crosmaniac bug of which there is no known cure but only more of the madness now that you've been infected.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

T191032

"I am now 45 and have had the usual experience of middle age, (high blood pressure, arthritis, and bi-focals). I really enjoy shooting pistols but after 10 good shots, things start to get a little shaky."

Well, just shy of 42, share the HBP & arthritis problems, but got the opposite of cross-eyed (no bi-focals).  Love the pistols.  :-*  If you get shaky, take a moment to rest the nerves a bit. 
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Cross Pistol Packer

Just love my Backpacker,its a .177 version,it hits hard with all the mods done to it,can see why you love yours ...great little carbines :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...