• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

C41 Loose Grips solution

Started by Luftpistole, November 06, 2011, 03:58:33 AM

Luftpistole

I have recently purchased a C41 pistol and also experienced the loose grips.  I noted they are secured only by friction and at the slightest touch will slide back.  There is also a bit of left to right movement which does not feel right when holding the gun. I elected to remove the one piece grip and noted three slide rails. That is all that is guiding/securing this grip. 

For my solution, I wiped down with rubbing alcohol the back of the gun frame and the inside of the grip to remove any oil and grease.  I took a narrow 3/16" strip of mastic RV window sealant putty and placed it on the back of the gun frame and spread it out with my thumb to a depth of about 1/16" of an inch.  I reattached the grip and allowed it to interface with the putty.  It showed no movement back and forth or side to side. With slight pressure I can slide the grip back to service the CO2 cartridge.

I have had absolutly no problems with this and it works very well. Tight grips brought on more accuracy.

Give it a go and let me know how it works for you.

Crosshairs

I must try that on mine right now im useing electrical tape that works well but your idea sounds much better thanks for sharing.
                                                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!