• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 question

Started by dpricenator, November 14, 2011, 07:41:18 PM

dpricenator

First off, WOW.  I haven't even put the new Breech, bolt, valve, Barrel, or trigger in yet.  I'm shooting open sight at 10 yards and killing it. 

Now for the question.  When I load a new CO2 cartrdge in, the cap will not screw all the way down.  leave about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of available threads for it to close further.  Is this normal?

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

tinker

Quote from: arkmaker on November 14, 2011, 08:47:51 PM
Yep, you're good  :-*

Don't forget,  Do not over tighten, finger tight and done. 
Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

dpricenator

Cool thanks.  The gun is shoting well, just wanted to mnake sure

arkmaker †

I actually did not like the look of the threads hanging out when I got my first 2240, so I found one of those large flat rubber washers to cover the gap and not restrict tightening the cap........Wonder what I did with that?  ???

Anyway, it help calm my nerves at the time, but a proper fit would be nice. Check out the for sale section for one really nice looking cap that is available only to us on the CAPOF.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Bentong

All you need now is this >>>
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=4707.0
THis sure is a nice bling, can't use it on mine for all my CO2 shooters are bulk filled.  My crosman only shoot 12 shots with carts' next shot farts it out. :-*

dpricenator

Thanks guys, I was just lookin gat those knobs this morning.  I need a TKO first, but after that, i'll grab one.  Those asweet looking parts.

pirouge

yep its normal, just finger tight though