• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

C41 magazine loading problem

Started by Luftpistole, November 20, 2011, 04:49:51 AM

Luftpistole

My magazine will no longer hold BB's in it.  When I pull the follower back to load the BB's, they will roll right through.  If I do get one to stay, once the follower is released and gently placed into position it will spray the BB's out the end.  This magazine is less than 1 month old.

Is there any experience out there with a similar problem? 

Crosshairs

Ok first if you keep your mag's loaded it will weaking the spring im sure we all no that. There is a small tab at the end of the mag make sure its still there. If it's there try to center it over the hole where the BBs come out of that should do it.And dont just let the spring go after you load the mag use your finger to let it rest on the BBs
                                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Luftpistole

Thank you Crosshairs for the advice. 

That small tab you speak off is still in position and appears to be held in place by a small spring to the side.  The tab does rotate back towards the main frame and slightly down to allow the BB to 'pass' though.  I agree with a very slow release of the follower spring to press against the last loaded BB.

It appears that the tab will no longer provided enough resistance to hold back the BB's.  I would think possibly this may be a 'one off' defect of this magazine as I have only fired a small amount of BB's through this powerful pistol.

Any other comments are appreciated.

chinaboy

I have a C31 and I think they use the same clip.  Mine has luckily worked perfect.  I would call the company or order some replacement clips on amazon or something.  It sounds like something isn't right with that clip.

Luftpistole

I e-mailed the vendor who in turn made contact with Crosman and within one day, confirmation was given and a new magazine was sent, no issues what so ever. 

It is very nice to deal with stand up vendors and a quality company such as Crosman. My loyalty has been won.