• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Is this true about the 1377c ?????//

Started by Nightshade, December 21, 2011, 10:39:22 PM

Nightshade

Can this statement found in Wiki be true?  :o

" one sad fact. the original versions have a magnetic chambering bolt, that will keep a steel bb connected to the bolt, allowing a downslope firing position, whereas the updated versions (1377c) excluded the magnetized bolt. hence people who buy the "updated" version are keeping their original bolts."

I'd like to shoot BB's also but if the "c" model doesn't have a magnetic bolt the BB's will roll right out of the barrel  :(

quickster47 †

Could be true but why in the world would you want to shoot steel BBs in your 1377?  Shooting those steel BBs instead of the lead one will ruin the rifling in your barrel.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Yep you will make one of the best barrels crosman makes useless by useing BBs. But to answer your queston only the older 1377 had the magnet to hold the BB.But the new 1377s dont have them any more. I think they stopped when they changed from the rear cocker to the bolt handle.
                                                                   Mike

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Cross Pistol Packer

Mk2 Crosmans had the magnetic bolt,if you used steel BBs,very soon a great target pistol could only throw BBs in the general direction of your target :(
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...