• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2400 .22 to .25 Conversion Question

Started by KI Joey, December 30, 2011, 09:00:22 PM

KI Joey

I am wondering what it would take (cost, parts, skill) to convert my .22 2400 to a .25. There is not really much of a reason but ever since .25's started to become popular I have always wanted one. Also would it even be practical or would it use too much air to get decent velocity / shot count. This would be used for hunting so the fpe would have to be up there a little.

- Joey

eric

depends on what you have or don't have for tools. you can get a top end kit(drop in )from roy at mountianair for 115 for a 12" barrel or 165 for a 23" barrel . it would be a LW barrel which from LW will 110 +/- for a 23 " barrel. going that route you would still need to machine and prep it for your breech/receiver which would mean more money for the work and shipping unless you can get it done locally.crosman has .25 cal barrels that  could be used  for far less money but they would still need to be machined and prepped .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

mr007s

I don't see you being happy with a .25 running on CO2.
That means HPA and the means to fill it.

I have one, do a search for Stone Cold. It sports a JDS Air 22 cu.in. drop tank regulated at 1800psi. She sends H&NFTT's thru a 18 inch barrel around 765 fps.

Beginning next week I plan to mount a recently purchased LW barrel, length to be determined at that time(22-24 inches).