• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Consistent good price pellets

Started by scott400f, January 03, 2012, 01:08:17 AM

scott400f

New shooter finding poor consistent quality pellets at a affordable price. I'm sure there are some posts in the past but from a newbie point if view there seems to be new stuff coming out pretty often. Shooting a 2300T at 10 meter targets pistol is stock at this time. I have used Daisy precision max it is awful and   Crosman pointed tip from Walmart and it has been more accurate of the two. I know they are not the best for target shooting but it's all that I can get locally.  I have a 500 end can of Crosman wad cutters coming in tomorrow to the local Walmart as they have no freight charge. Hopefully there quality is better. The airgun online shops seem to carry alot of variety but the shipping charges are out of line. So I am open for suggestions.

Scott

grumpy

Try JSB's they work very well in most of my 22XX gun's.

Dave

breakfastchef

Step up to some world class pellets. JSB, H&N and RWS are outstanding brands. For paper targets, wadcutters are most commonly used.

Within the above brands line of products are some economical pellets that are a terrific bargain. On the low priced side are H&N Sport and RWS Hobby. These are good for practice and general plinking.
Larry

scott400f

Sanyo teccomends for a mail order company with cheap shipping?

T191032

For shooting at Paper targets and getting good results, the Wadcutter pellets are preferred for their cleaner -hole cutting ability (scoring).  Using a good brand, be it H&N, RWS, or the JSB versions in their economy or Match-grade pricy models are a good choice.  Middle of the road options would be Crosman's Competition and Gamo's Match Wadcutter.  I've determined that the Stoeger's are likely H&Ns Sport WC.

Some of the guys over at the TargetTalkForum board did tests with their high-end air pistols and found no difference, when the gun was clamped down, between groups with RWS Hobby/Basic and the Match R10s.  It really becomes the shooter . . .
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

mustangmike

Pyramydair.com buy 3 get 1 free

"Pyramyd-nra" that's a never expire 10% off code
.22 disco, leapers 3-12x40 IR AO
.22 ccs 2400, leapers 4x32 (awaiting barrel swap & 7.5tko)
.22 gamo bigcat, rds
.177 walther 99q, low profile laser sight

niclaw

I got RWS pellets delivered to local Walmarts.  Don't know if they carry complete line.
niclaw

Daysailer

For wadcutters ( target/plinking use, under 700fps and less than 20 yds) ;

I have found RWS Basic's to be at the bottom of the price range, but clearly, in my guns, accurate and consistant
enough to use for plinking and entering the matches here.

RWS Hobby's are also good, only about $.50 more/500.  But head to head in my HW30, and my 1377's not
any better than the Basics.  (HW30 actually shot the Basic's a bit better)

Next  best and nearly 2x $$$,  RWS Miesterkuglen Pistol 7.0gr, are a step up but still middle of the price range.

For Domes;
JSB Exact Express 7.9 gr for .177 are the best value ie quality/cost for me.

Havent tried the AA Falcon 7.3 gr or JSB RS,  but intend to when I next need to order.

For .20, JSB Exact are best value for my rocker Sheridan Blue Streaks.

After I damaged my HW30 shooting Daisy Precision MAX (soo loose in breech, pellet fell  out = dry fire = broken spring)
No more of them for me.

When you find pellets you like,  buy a 'sleeve',  10 tins.   Kinda hurts at first, but 5000 pellets...  good for awhile.
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.

chinaboy

A little off topic, but where do you guys purchase your pellets?

breakfastchef

Quote from: chinaboy on January 04, 2012, 03:28:59 AM
A little off topic, but where do you guys purchase your pellets?

Pyramid Air has a 'buy three get the fourth tin free' deal. They do not always have the lowest prices, but the free tin make it a good deal. Depending on what you are looking for, these are other vendors to look at: PilkGuns, Champion Shooters Supply, Cheaper Than Dirt, Amazon & Topgun Airguns.
Larry

ginoe

code was expired when i tried it but this one worked for me on a recent pellet order:

AG-Christmas-2011

11% Off. Expires 2.29.2012 One coupon per purchase. Some products are excluded. Cannot be combined with free shipping.

Quote from: mustangmike on January 03, 2012, 09:20:41 AM
Pyramydair.com buy 3 get 1 free

"Pyramyd-nra" that's a never expire 10% off code