• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cleaning pellets ?

Started by scott400f, January 03, 2012, 02:06:41 AM

scott400f

Do I need them and how often?

joe k

i only clean crosman pellets cause them seem to be the dirtiest.
joe

T191032

Quote from: scott400f on January 03, 2012, 02:06:41 AM
Do I need them and how often?

Useful sometimes, but there really isn't much need for them.   Cleaning an airgun's barrel most of the time is a subject open to lots of debate.  A pull-thru of weedwacker line would be more useful and probably cheaper if you got a weedeater  . . .
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

sshewins

I read a very interesting article a while ago. There is a fair amount of residue left from the mfg process, depending on brand. You pour the tin/box of pellets into a plastic container, add a little bit of dish soap and water. Swish around, and pour them into a wire mesh strainer to rinse soapy water. Pour onto some paper towels to dry, aided by a hair drier if needed. Put them back into their container and add a few drops of lubricating oil and shake to coat well. Supposedly this will help with consistency and add a touch of lubrication to boot.
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

T191032

Guys, I think ya'll are getting this topic a little confused.  ???

There are felt "cleaning pellets"
http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Accessories/Cleaning_and_maintenance/Cleaning_pellets/22

and

There is the act of cleaning/lubricating pellets.

I believe the OP was about the actual felt pellets themselves.  ;)
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

RC1947

Don't use them in a Makarov bb pistol unless you want to take the gun apart. RC

JEBert

T,
You hit the nail on the head.  I knew that there were two different threads going on here.  "Cleaning Pellets" is rather confusing.  "Cleaning dirty pellets" or "Shooting cleaning pellets through your gun" would have been clearer.  I was in a rush plus I wanted to see how far it would go before I added my 2 cents worth.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

sshewins

Oh boy  :-[ sorry bout that.  Just noticed that myself.  Sorry guys.
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289