• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Question

Started by Crosshairs, January 08, 2012, 02:48:57 PM

Crosshairs

If the .177 and the .22 breech are the same except for the bolt why are there two different part numbers on the Crosman site ?  ???
                                                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Brutuz

I can only see one part number for the breech Mike
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

mr007s

I believe if you order the kit (includes the probe) seperate part numbers show. Same breech as I am sure you know.

Crosshairs

This is what i was talking about from the CCS parts list.
                                                Mike

Squallywally

Mike, I have ordered both. and have swapped bolts in both for different guns.

For those who need this info:

I have a .177 and .22 barrel and bolt for my 2260 and  when changing calibers, I only change the barrel and bolt and have had no ill effects.
.22 and .177 bolts are some Outter Diameter (O.D). just different probes and o ring sizes. Also muzzle end of breech is same Inner Diameter (I.D.), because .177 and .22 barrels have the same
O.D. 

JEBert

Mike,
I assume that the different part numbers are because the 2240 SBPK kit is shipped with a .22 bolt and the 1377SBPK kit is shipped with a .177 bolt.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

As Jerry mentioned, it is all about the bolt.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

0351_Vet

The Bolt Diameter for both is .250 (same as the rear breech bore). Caliber changes are made by changing the bolt (with proper o-ring)
and changing the barrel. The breech is the same. Note: If you buy the breeches from CCS they come WITHOUT the rear cross dovetailed
rear sight mounting slot.
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Crosshairs

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

T191032

It would make sense to have the two differing SKU numbers [ 2240SBPK ] / [ 1377SBPK ] so that the average person pulling the order may not pull the wrong breech/bolt unit off the shelf and send it along down the line.  Since the Bolt entails part of the "kit", denoting the "2240" would infer ".22" and "1377" would, naturally say ".177" bolt should be found inside said kit.  :-*  Pull parts off a shelf for a while and things make some sense.  Put the same part in two different boxes, yea, naturally you either ask or figure it out (especially when you see the price of one higher than the other . . .) 
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Capt. Thomas

Quote from: 0351_Vet on January 08, 2012, 07:00:39 PM
The Bolt Diameter for both is .250 (same as the rear breech bore). Caliber changes are made by changing the bolt (with proper o-ring)
and changing the barrel. The breech is the same. Note: If you buy the breeches from CCS they come WITHOUT the rear cross dovetailed
rear sight mounting slot.

Ummm..... so is there a Crosman steel breech that DOES HAVE the rear sight slot milled? If so what are the part numbers (long & short)???

Also what is the difference in the long & short breech? I don't think I have ever seen a short breech? What did they com on? I may want to try one!

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

arkmaker †

No, no milled slot, so you need to use something with a dovetail
The difference between the long and short is one is long and the other is short. Simple as that.

They are the same from the Transfer Port opening back and then the short on is (I think) 2" shorter. Someone can chime in here and correct me if I am wrong. Also, you can only get the short breech if you have a CS gun made or have had one made in the past.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Capt. Thomas

Quote from: arkmaker on January 11, 2012, 07:27:45 PM
No, no milled slot, so you need to use something with a dovetail
The difference between the long and short is one is long and the other is short. Simple as that.

They are the same from the Transfer Port opening back and then the short on is (I think) 2" shorter. Someone can chime in here and correct me if I am wrong. Also, you can only get the short breech if you have a CS gun made or have had one made in the past.

Rich

Ok Rich thanks! 2" shorter? I think I have an idea that I would to use theat for. Hmm.... well I did a good bit of digging and found a Pn# for a Crosaman short breech and in the pic, it looks like it has the slot for a rear sight. Maybe I need to call and ask. I found this one for the 2300T:
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/2300T%20EVP.pdf

What do you think? Would they not sell it to me?

Thanks!

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

arkmaker †

All of the Steel breechs have that slot, but it isn't like the one on the plastic breech. They only accepts sites that are grooved for a dovetail. That site on there is the Mims site. I think they are around 30 bucks on the Crosman website. You could have the slot milled open a bit if you want to use the stock site setup.

Was just on the CCS site and the difference in length is 1-1/4" The shorter breech is cut off right before the single set screw on the long breech.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22