• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Help with faulty Old Crosman 1377

Started by Caretaker, January 25, 2012, 01:27:38 PM

Caretaker

Hi all,
I recently acquired a phase 1 Crosman 1377.
Great old gun but it has developed a fault.
It appears to pump and dry fire but if I put a pellet in it won't fire it out the barrel (pellet hardly moves from the breech end).
Anyone have any idea what could be the fault?
Also with it being such an old gun where would be my best choice for spares / parts in the UK?
Any help / advice appreciated.
Thanks  :)

Cross Pistol Packer

If the pistol seems to pump ok,I would start with the o-ring on the bolt which seals the breech,if you put a sheet of tissue paper over breech & it gets blown off when pistol fires,shows air leaking there.
The price of a full set of seals is not mega money through,and if it were my pistol would replace the lot.
Ray.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

arkmaker †

x2

Easiest troubleshooting and most likely your problem  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

UK based, you can get the seals from GMAC, eBay and this place seems to have an amazing selection
(although they seem to code the parts differently?!):

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=24034&cat=Crosman

I've been meaning to try them for some parts.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....