• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

defective 357's. 3 of them?

Started by Sardine, February 16, 2012, 01:25:41 AM

Sardine

got 3 357's from pyramid. They don't work. None of them accepted the air. When I removed the co2 it all went out. Sent them back to Pyramid expecting replacements. I'm sure they will fix the problem. Or did I screw up up & do something wrong? The safety was off because the hammer & trigger worked just fine, I think?

mcc1961

My friend has one and he has never had any problem with it and he shoots anything I can with my 2300T.PA will do you right.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Crosshairs

I have 3 of them 2 old 357s from the 80s and a new 10 shot 357 i had to rebuild the older one but it was left in my attic for 10 years and the seals dried out. The other two are just fine. Why did you get 3 all at once may i ask.
                                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JEBert

Sounds like they at least pierced the cartridge because they emptied when you removed them.  Seems to me that there was an obstruction between the cartridge and the barrel, somewhere in the valve.  Foreign object maybe or a manufacturing defect/problem.
Hope PA sorts it out.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

woody67

Been there, done that!

I bought 2  .357's from P/A a little over a year ago.....  (Mike- I bought 1 for me, and the other for my girlfriend).

After using them a LOT. . . i mean we went through about 2,000 pellets in the first 2 or 3 weeks of having them! After almost an entire box of Co2 cartridges one of the .357 stopped holding air and would continuously leak once a new cartridge was put in.
I sent it back to P/A for a refund and they granted it, no questions, no problems. It was still in the initial 30 day period, and I just opted to get money back because I decided 1 .357 was enough to have around here.

So, as long as you're still inside the 1 month time frame, they should take care of you with no problems. It's most likely a seal issue... Mine was, and it was as simple as it had just come loose when taking a cart. out.....

Sardine

I got one for me, one for the wife and my buddy also wanted one so we got them all at once to save shipping fees. Yes, of course Pyramid has two replacements on the way. My buddies works just fine so only 2 of the 3 didn't work.