• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Lost 2240 to my Dad!

Started by arkmaker †, February 17, 2012, 01:44:41 AM

arkmaker †

Well, my Dad has recoveing from an illness and my wife and I just came up to the great state of Virginia for a visit and to make sure he is doing well. I brought up my newly built 2240 for him to play around with.......Mistake!!!

His first shot was a dead bull on a 3" target at 5 meters! It was all over from there on out  :-X He smoked me target after target and now he is not releasing the gun back to me  ;D ;D

So be it. I am glad he enjoys it. One thing he did not like was the 10" barrel, so I put the stock 7.5" back on it for him. Also lost is my best LDC, new pistol scope and my home built SS breech. Nothing I can't make again, but whewww!! So here I go again with another scratch build!

I was lucky enough to do a little horse trading with him and secure my 1861 Shiloh for the trip back to Florida. He said, with the new 2240, there was no need for the 1861 any longer and why did I take so long to give him a good gun  ;D ;D What a guy......steal my guns and give me crap about it.. I guess I'm a chip off the old shoulder!

Anyway guys, look for my new build in the next few months! And happy shooting to my Dad!!!  :-*

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

the old guy

Well Mr. Ark maker shame on you for making him wait so long for a good gun.  That's what you get for wanting to keep them all for yourself LOL.  So for your next project why don't you get busy converting the M4 17 into a CO2?  I have my own motives for wanting this done, anything over five pumps just wears me out.  I know there was a lot of interest when they first came out about making the conversion.  So anyway, why don't you guys get together and make it happen?  And if you're not up to that at least get Mike to make some brass accessories for it.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

KevinP

:-* Good for you for making him happy ... good for him for letting you do it... your a good man ... !!!
Kevin
Albany, New York

slothart

Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

Brutuz

Good to read, you're a gent  :-* :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Colt25

You made your dad very happy! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Now you have a excuse to buy more guns! :)

tinker

Rich, you're a good son :-* :-* Good trade either way I think.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

NorthStaR

Bet you thought you'd never get that Shiloh back!  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

DJammer

:-* Your very lucky your Dad is still around to share these times with. Cherish them while you can, wish mine was still around everyday...
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Colt25

Quote from: DJammer on February 18, 2012, 12:50:54 AM
:-* Your very lucky your Dad is still around to share these times with. Cherish them while you can, wish mine was still around everyday...
Sorry for your passing
Someone passed in my family about a year ago. I loved him like a second father.

Listen to this, it brought tears to my eyes.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NEjnsUJMBvk#]'MY FRIEND' Song for Mother (Mom, Mum) and Loss of Loved Ones - Parents, Friends, Relatives[/url]