• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Modding a 1377???

Started by mcc1961, February 17, 2012, 03:17:33 PM

mcc1961

This is the first pistol I have ever tried to mod all by myself.It is a pc77 and I was wanting to know how to lighten the trigger pull on the 1377.Pics would be appreciated.Also what is the best after market trigger you can get without spending a fortune?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

breakfastchef

There are next to no more drop in trigger groups as most of the makers are out of business.

A basic trigger group tune will vastly improve the 1377. Shimming, polishing and lightening the sear spring all lead to smoother trigger pull.

Larry

mcc1961

What is the best way to lighten the sear spring?Could you cut off a small part of spring or compress it with something to weaken it?Can you buy a weaker sear spring? Mike
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880

mr007s

Quote from: mcc1961 on February 17, 2012, 04:38:32 PM
What is the best way to lighten the sear spring?Could you cut off a small part of spring or compress it with something to weaken it?Can you buy a weaker sear spring? Mike

Some folks have had success compressing the stock spring over and over until it shortened the length which makes for a lighter trigger. However, if you have access to an Ace Hardware you can take your stock spring with you and look in their spring bank for one the correct diameter but with smaller wire. The one near me has a very good replacement spring that does the job.

breakfastchef

Quote from: mcc1961 on February 17, 2012, 04:38:32 PM

You can go about this in several ways. The easiest thing to try is compressing the stock spring. Snipping coils can also be done to fine tune the pull weight. An easy and inexpensive way to improve the trigger group is to purchase a 22xx/17xx Pistol Trigger Kit from Mike at TKO. That would be a very good $14 purchase.
Larry

tuckera

Quote from: mr007s on February 17, 2012, 05:11:27 PM
Some folks have had success compressing the stock spring over and over until it shortened the length which makes for a lighter trigger. However, if you have access to an Ace Hardware you can take your stock spring with you and look in their spring bank for one the correct diameter but with smaller wire. The one near me has a very good replacement spring that does the job.

I just bought 2 sear replacement springs from an Ace hardware last week.  I needed one for a new 2240, but got a second one since they were only $.99 ea.  I like it better than compressed stock spring I had been using.  It's better than the uncompressed stock spring as a drop in replacement.  With a spring guide and cutting off ~1 turn, it's very nice.  The part number for the spring I bought was 146.
andy

mcc1961

I got the kit from TKO,it seems to be the best option.
Airforce Condor .25
Daisy 880