• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 24" barrel

Started by byhsu, February 21, 2012, 04:41:49 AM

byhsu

Can someone tell me if the barrel is choked at one end and is also crowned? 

I have a friend who will help me cut the barrel, so I guess I will cut the part that is not choked.  How can you tell which side is choked?

Thank You

JEBert

I've never even seen one but it would do no good to choke the bolt end of one.  So, the muzzle end should be the one that is choked.  If you cut the bolt end, you would then have to cut a taper in the end that the bolt goes in to allow for easy pellet entry and the bolt O'ring seal.  You would also, need to drill a hole for the gas to enter from the valve and machine it for the transfer port to seal.  However, this is not a problem with Crosman barrels as they are not choked.  Just cut the muzzle end down to the length you want it and re-crown it.  Your crown may be better than the factory crowns.  I re-crowned a factory 10" 1377 barrel and improved the grouping and I have also cut two Crosman barrels down and re-crowned them with excellent results.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

byhsu

Thanks, so the side of the barrel that connects to the breech has a hole for the air then. 

Is there way to do a choke on the barrel?  I heard they improve the accuracy?

Thanks

mcc1961

I saw an episode on youtube of Teds Holdovers and he had one of these $1800 guns and he talked about it having a choked barrel .
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880