• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My 1377 Refurb Came

Started by BerkshireHunter, February 25, 2012, 10:18:49 PM

BerkshireHunter

Well, the refurb I ordered from Airgun Depot arrived today so I gave it the one over. Disassembled it enough to check the valve, and it was aluminum as I expected. I was going to take off the guard under the grips to polish the sear and trigger, but didn't have the write hex wrench size  :o >:(. Oh well, I threw on the spare shoulder stock to see how the gun shoots. I immediately noticed that the pumping action was considerably louder on this gun than my other one, but no big deal. I made sure the pump cup and bolt o-ring were well oiled, and let a few fly. As with most of these guns, it was quite accurate, even with the iron sights. What surprised me the most was that during testing, it was emptying all the air up to 14 pumps ??? 8) (as high as I went.) Without a chrony, I'm not sure if its dumping a more air than most or if my pump isn't generating more pressure past 10 pumps. Shot a soup can at 12 feet with Destroyer Ex's to test penetration and it smashed a gaping hole through the front and was stopped by the back coming to a stop inside. Not sure what mods I'll do to it, but I'll probably make it into a .22 of sorts as I already have a barrel. As for the valve, I'll either put in my old brass one or attempt to annodize or put a black (blueing) finish on the one it came with. I'll probably do more research on aluminum protectants.

Here it is with it's big brother

breakfastchef

Nothing wrong with refurbished 1377s; both of mine were refurbs. A 1322 conversion is a great idea. You probably can do most valve mods yourself.
Larry

0351_Vet

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 26, 2012, 03:27:59 AM
Nothing wrong with refurbished 1377s; both of mine were refurbs. A 1322 conversion is a great idea. You probably can do most valve mods yourself.

x2 Mine were all reburs, except the old Medalist II's etc....  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ