• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 trigger tune?

Started by UKStoo, February 26, 2012, 03:33:17 PM

UKStoo

Ive had a tinker with my 2240 trigger to try and improve it, its too sloppy as in left to right movement, so far i have added a brass spring guide to the top of the trigger spring, where it contacts the sear, ive added tiny little washers to the sear and trigger pins to cut down on side play but i still have more play than id like with the trigger blade, adding an extra washer to the trigger pin just binds it up when i put the side plate back up.

To me, the problem is either play in the trigger pin seats, looseness in the trigger pin mounting hole (in the trigger blade itself) or too much clearance between the trigger blade and the trigger housing.

I could make brass pins, slightly tighter fitting in the housing and between the pin and trigger, but too much and its going to bind somewhere between the 3 joints.

Or i could  shim the trigger blade to remove the sideplay

Anybody got their own method of tightening it up?

Theres less play when cocked, than when not.

cheewee

i went with the brass pins and a whole lot of polishing but ultimately had to replace the plastic trigger housing with a aluminum one i made to get the results i wanted. i have a post about it and if i knew how to link to it i would  :(
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

mr007s

Quote from: UKStoo on February 26, 2012, 03:33:17 PM
Ive had a tinker with my 2240 trigger to try and improve it, its too sloppy as in left to right movement, so far i have added a brass spring guide to the top of the trigger spring, where it contacts the sear, ive added tiny little washers to the sear and trigger pins to cut down on side play but i still have more play than id like with the trigger blade, adding an extra washer to the trigger pin just binds it up when i put the side plate back up.

To me, the problem is either play in the trigger pin seats, looseness in the trigger pin mounting hole (in the trigger blade itself) or too much clearance between the trigger blade and the trigger housing.

I could make brass pins, slightly tighter fitting in the housing and between the pin and trigger, but too much and its going to bind somewhere between the 3 joints.

Or i could  shim the trigger blade to remove the side play

Anybody got their own method of tightening it up?

Theres less play when cocked, than when not.

Once you have a washer installed that binds use a file to lightly remove some material from the pin boss. Take it easy and check for fit often. It should dial in nicely with practically no play when you are done.

breakfastchef

Replacing the pins is a fairly easy fix. This may include drilling out the existing holes in the trigger, sear and grip frame.

I have read where some solder the pin to the trigger and sear. That would completely eliminate wobble.
Larry