• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I think I found something

Started by sandpiper, March 03, 2012, 12:25:24 AM

sandpiper

Went to the farmer's market to unload some old stuff and as I'm walking toward the store I see a .22 Crosman hiding behind a bunch of military stuff in a display. I asked the guy if he'd be interested in a trade and the pistol now has a new owner. Still researching it but I believe it's from the early fifties. What can you guys tell me about the Model 112?

sandpiper

Crosshairs

Thats a old Co2 bulk fill i think. The tank screws onto the front to fill the tube  ??? Cool gun you got there  :-*
                                           Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

great find!!!
that co2 container is worth a lot $$$$,so are the grey grips they are the first
all i can say is nice score
can i ask what the trade was worth???
closed mouths dont get fed

0351_Vet

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/02/crosman-111-pistol.html

The Greyish Grips are off an 111 (.177)
The Correct grips for the 112 are the Reddish/Brown.
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

arkmaker †

That's the pistol version of my 114 rifle. 1950-1954
I'm thinking it uses leather seals. If it leaks on you, fill the tip will pelgun oil and load some co2. The co2 will push the oil in. Then let it sit overnight with the muzzle towards the sky and try filling it again in the morning. Has worked for me a couple of times. Once you have enough oil in there, the trick is to keep it charged always. Those seals need constant pressure.

Sweet Score  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

sandpiper

Quote from: 1377x on March 03, 2012, 01:02:06 AM
great find!!!
that co2 container is worth a lot $$$$,so are the grey grips they are the first
all i can say is nice score
can i ask what the trade was worth???

I had some musical equipment that was sitting around forever. Two amps, a snare drum and a microphone. I paid nothing for the amps, $10 for the mic and maybe $45 for the drum. I was going to give it all away but thought I'd try to get a couple bucks at the farmer's market. He was asking $150 but I knew he'd take less. I got rid of my junk and he got stuff he'll be able to sell alot faster. Everyone wins  :)

sandpiper

Quote from: arkmaker on March 03, 2012, 01:25:21 AM
That's the pistol version of my 114 rifle. 1950-1954
I'm thinking it uses leather seals. If it leaks on you, fill the tip will pelgun oil and load some co2. The co2 will push the oil in. Then let it sit overnight with the muzzle towards the sky and try filling it again in the morning. Has worked for me a couple of times. Once you have enough oil in there, the trick is to keep it charged always. Those seals need constant pressure.

Sweet Score  :-*

Thanks for the great link and the suggestions  :) I'll have to put this one on the back burner while I work on my 60's 760 project. Getting too many projects at one time. I'll put a drop or two in for now though.

1377x

Quote from: sandpiper on March 03, 2012, 01:43:56 AM
I had some musical equipment that was sitting around forever. Two amps, a snare drum and a microphone. I paid nothing for the amps, $10 for the mic and maybe $45 for the drum. I was going to give it all away but thought I'd try to get a couple bucks at the farmer's market. He was asking $150 but I knew he'd take less. I got rid of my junk and he got stuff he'll be able to sell alot faster. Everyone wins  :)
nice!!!
i have seen the co2 tank go for $100-$150,the grips i saw go for $40-$50
the whole gun with those grips tank and box for $200
you stole it,man!!! :P i need to find a steel like that

closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Quote from: 1377x on March 03, 2012, 01:59:04 AM
nice!!!
i have seen the co2 tank go for $100-$150,the grips i saw go for $40-$50
the whole gun with those grips tank and box for $200
you stole it,man!!! :P i need to find a steel like that

Honestly, being relatively new to air guns and other than having one as a kid, I had no idea what I was getting. I knew it was old and the more exciting part was getting home, taking pics and showing you guys  :-*

0351_Vet

That's the fun about CAPOF.....  :-*   :-*

Benji 132:

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

arkmaker †

You're going to love shooting it. It was suppose to be very accurate with more power than a 2240!!  :-*
I just bought this little 12 gram adapter for the 114 which should also work to fill your pistol. Getting those old tanks filled are next to impossible these days, unless you make up your own fittings and fill from a Co2 fire extinguisher. Not worth the $ unless you shoot a bizillion rounds. Also, B&A has fittings so you can fill from a PB tank. All this said, filling from the original tank will give you the most shots and fullest fill. Was just a good design, that went the way of the dinosaur when the 12g became popular.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

sandpiper

Quote from: arkmaker on March 03, 2012, 11:17:39 AM
You're going to love shooting it. It was suppose to be very accurate with more power than a 2240!!  :-*
I just bought this little 12 gram adapter for the 114 which should also work to fill your pistol. Getting those old tanks filled are next to impossible these days, unless you make up your own fittings and fill from a Co2 fire extinguisher. Not worth the $ unless you shoot a bizillion rounds. Also, B&A has fittings so you can fill from a PB tank. All this said, filling from the original tank will give you the most shots and fullest fill. Was just a good design, that went the way of the dinosaur when the 12g became popular.
Rich

Thanks for the great info, that'll work perfectly. Did you have to drill and/or tap the end with the fitting or was it already threaded?

arkmaker †

Quote from: sandpiper on March 03, 2012, 01:21:49 PM
Thanks for the great info, that'll work perfectly. Did you have to drill and/or tap the end with the fitting or was it already threaded?

Comes just as pictured. If you want to contact him I can PM his email. I believe it was 32 bucks shipped.

1. Screw the nipple into the gun and have muzzle pointing skyward
2. Pelgun oil on cart
3. screw on cover over the cart until cart is pierced and now more flow is detected.
4. unscrew entire assembly quickly
note: you will loose a little unscrewing until the pin valve on the gun fully closes, hence...unscrew quickly.