Barrel width-Question from newbie

Started by kb5zcr, March 03, 2012, 06:14:09 AM

kb5zcr

Howdy, I am new to the airgun world and have just bought a 1377.
I would like to order a longer barrel from Mellon Air, but have a question.

The barrels on his site say that they are 7/16 in wide, my stock barrel on the 1377 is only 1/4 inch wide, will the 7/16 in new barrel fit inside the stock breech?

I do understand that my barrel band will need modifying or changing.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thanks, Tim

DJammer

Take another look at your barrel, the nose where it comes thru the barrel band is smaller than the rest of the barrel. That is why you will have to modify your barrel band for the longer barrel, the hole needs to be enlarged....I think you will find that the barrel is 7/16.
Welcome to the forum, ask more questions as you become addicted to the mods, your in good hands here. This is the spot for Crosman pistols
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

mcc1961

I saw a youtube video where a guy filed out the hole bigger on the barrel band and front sight and then slid the barrel through it.On the Mellon Air sight you can buy a band to fit a longer  barrel for around $5,just look under barrel bands.I am putting a 24" barrel on mine and I ordered the barrel band and a flat top piston and valve also.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

mcc1961

Found the you tube video.        [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HAKpuyIqaY#]1377 install of steel breech, 24" barrel, and scope[/url]
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

kb5zcr

Djammer, I just took another measurement and you were 100% right. I was looking at the wrong edge on my new caliper.
Thanks for the help, lots of experts here.