• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 & 1377 and maybe more problem?

Started by Sardine, March 13, 2012, 03:26:21 AM

Sardine

I don't recall which ones are like this but they have a hole where the breech? is bolted down to the frame? It makes an inconvienient divit there that hangs up the pellet when we put the bolt forward to put the pellet into battery. Not only that, the sights need to be fixed. I use a 6 o'clock hold so the sights need to be shaved lower. Not the lousy one that that is the adjustable part but the other, "holder" part that sticks up above the adjustabe part. Who was the genius that designed that? It's very annoying to have to pick out the actual sight that is much below the fixed part of the sight . I'd think they would have figured this out before putting it on the market & they should be paying me for this input. Again, I can't beleive the genius engineers they have let this out like this. I guess that's why they should go back to driving trains. Ha! I'm a comedian... Get it? Engineneers? Trains? Ha! Please excuse the improper grammer & mispellings, obviously, I'm not a genius either...

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

Sardine

mcc1961

I just hold the barrel  up or down to get the pellet to go in sometimes it still hangs.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

farrlarr

I haven't actually tried it yet myself but I read on another forum that folks sometimes put a bit of melted wax, or crayon, over that hole/screw head.  That can be smoothed out so the pellet slides right over it and it is easily removable when/if you need to remove that screw for barrel replacement or any other repairs or modifications.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

woody67

Sardine

Thanks, wax sounds good. I'll try that.
Yes,I am!
The other problem with them is that the adjustable part of the sight sits below the main body of the adjustable blade. Makes it difficult to sight the target.

1377x

Quote from: Sardine on March 21, 2012, 03:37:49 AM
Thanks, wax sounds good. I'll try that.
Yes,I am!
The other problem with them is that the adjustable part of the sight sits below the main body of the adjustable blade. Makes it difficult to sight the target.
i had the same sight issue
trained myself to only look at the adjustable blade

quickster47 †

Some melted Crayon in the screw hole will smooth things out.  And do remember, you only paid like $50 for the gun.  It is not a precision weapon.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

woody67

I've actually never really had much of a problem with the loading ports on any of my guns. Every now and then a pellet will stop, but no damage and no problems, I just pull the bolt back and push it forward again.

1377x

i added rtv blue silicone to mine it works.when i need to remove the breech the silicone comes out in one piece with no mess

Sardine

I know. I just think that the cats that desiged it would be smarter than me. How could they let something out like this with those 2 problems without checking with me first? They are just minor in-expensive things to fix. I'm sure they could sell for the same price even if they fixed em. Not only that, didn't they test 'em first before they let them out on the market and if so, how did they miss those two problems?  :o

NorthStaR

I guess this is why the new screw location has been phased in (randomly) to get around your pellet loading issue.

The smaller the caliber and pellet weight the worse it is.... a large heavyweight Big-Boy .177cal loads in just fine. So does a .25cal Pylarm.
Some just seem worse than others too (regarding the screw hole). You can always upgrade your sights and breech to get around it all.  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Sardine

Whelp, you may have something there but mine are both the same. The 22 & the 177 are both cumbersome & should not have been let out like they are. Not to mention the crappy sights. But you didn't hear that from me.