• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Monthly Comps

Started by Sir William, March 19, 2012, 12:20:56 PM

Sir William

Am highly interested in the “Monthly Comps” competition and have a couple of questions regarding it.
I have printed the target but have some misgivings regarding how my computer/printer “scaled” it. 
Can you say what the diameter of the targets should be?
Next, when measuring the 5 meters (16.4 feet) does one measure from where your feet are or from where the muzzle of the pistol is?

Thanks!

sandpiper

Quote from: Sir William on March 19, 2012, 12:20:56 PM
Am highly interested in the “Monthly Comps” competition and have a couple of questions regarding it.
I have printed the target but have some misgivings regarding how my computer/printer “scaled” it. 
Can you say what the diameter of the targets should be?
Next, when measuring the 5 meters (16.4 feet) does one measure from where your feet are or from where the muzzle of the pistol is?

Thanks!

Bill,

My measurements using the example of "stock pistol 5 M" was 2.5" from one side of the five ring to the other. From one bulls eye to the other I measured 3 3/8". Hopefully someone else will jump in with the same measurements.

I'll be entering the monthly comps for the first time and had the same question regarding the 16.5' line.

John

Sir William

Thanks John, I get the same measurements so must be OK.
Thanks Again,
Bill

KevinP

When measuring the 5 meters (16.4 feet), or any other distance, one does measure from where your feet are . :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Sir William

OK, good thanks.  So this puts the muzzle at about 14 feet from the target or there about.  Right?

1377x

when i shoot the comps i measure from the end of the muzzle
hopefully T191032 will chime in
the monthy's are his thing
as far as the size good question you asked its something i need to know also
the printers i use seem to give me different sizes
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Bill, I'm also printing on 8.5" x 11" paper if that matters. 

KevinP

Quote from: 1377x on March 19, 2012, 06:58:45 PM
when i shoot the comps i measure from the end of the muzzle
hopefully T191032 will chime in
the monthy's are his thing
as far as the size good question you asked its something i need to know also
the printers i use seem to give me different sizes

Perhaps I should not have chimed in .... Shot NRA for years and that is the rule ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

JEBert

The rules state that the outside line on the target must print on the paper.  The only outside line I see when veiwing the one and two-handed monthly targets on the computer are text boxes at the top and bottom.  However, When I print them out, there is an outline all the way around the edge of the paper.  If that is showing, you have them small enough, if you have more than about 1/8th to 1/4 inch showing around the line, you are making it harder on yourself.  Play with page setup and margins settings to adjust it.
I also shot NRA rules years ago and toe behind the line was the rule.  If I have to get the muzzle behind the line, I'm going to have to step outside my shed to shoot in it.
Still hoping to get time to shoot this month but I know you guys are tired of hearing that.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

T191032

"Next, when measuring the 5 meters (16.4 feet) does one measure from where your feet are or from where the muzzle of the pistol is?"

KevinP wrote :
"When measuring the 5 meters (16.4 feet), or any other distance, one does one measure from where your feet are ."

JEBert wrote :
"I also shot NRA rules years ago and toe behind the line was the rule.  If I have to get the muzzle behind the line, I'm going to have to step outside my shed to shoot in it."

I think I may have asked Brutuz when I first started shooting them (long before I got into taking care of the Comps here . . .) and yes, we go by the distance of the feet on the floor.  It has been discussed before down in the Target section, if you want to keep the muzzle behind the line, feel free to step back and do so.  :-*  There's a thread where NorthStaR mentioned that long-barreled pistol like the Joker from the first Batman movie) along this line of discussion.

Good shooting and hope to see new names in the results!
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Sir William

I love this place!  You want answers - YOU GET ANSWERS!
THANKS!

sandpiper

Quote from: Sir William on March 20, 2012, 01:45:11 AM
I love this place!  You want answers - YOU GET ANSWERS!
THANKS!

Glad you're having a good first post bill  :-*
There's alot of knowledge here and you'll find some very generous people as well.

KevinP

Quote from: Sir William on March 19, 2012, 06:55:27 PM
OK, good thanks.  So this puts the muzzle at about 14 feet from the target or there about.  Right?

:) :) :) I guess that is dependent on your barrel length .....  ;) ;)
Kevin
Albany, New York