• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Legal power limits in the UK.

Started by Igotknobblies, March 30, 2012, 08:27:41 AM

Igotknobblies

OK, let me get this straight. An air pistol up to 6 ft'LB and air rifle up to 12'Lb. I have been in touch with BASC (British Ass. Shooting and Conservation) who say a barrel length of over 30cm or overall length of over 60cm is an air rifle. With all the 'bolt ons' available for the 2240 inc 12" barrel, does this qualify for me to upgrade the gun to below 12'Lb legally? With a folding or removable stock, you could be looking at a near 12'Lb gun of about 15" (380mm) long!
Can anyone give me an informed yes or no please.
Regards,
IGK

UKStoo

Quote from: Igotknobblies on March 30, 2012, 08:27:41 AM
OK, let me get this straight. An air pistol up to 6 ft'LB and air rifle up to 12'Lb. I have been in touch with BASC (British Ass. Shooting and Conservation) who say a barrel length of over 30cm or overall length of over 60cm is an air rifle. With all the 'bolt ons' available for the 2240 inc 12" barrel, does this qualify for me to upgrade the gun to below 12'Lb legally? With a folding or removable stock, you could be looking at a near 12'Lb gun of about 15" (380mm) long!
Can anyone give me an informed yes or no please.
Regards,
IGK

No, if it says 2240 on the tube it can be no more than 6ft.lb, and thats the law. If it was manufactured as a pistol it will always be a pistol. Change the tube to one that says 2250 you can have 12ft.lb and it then needs to be 24" minimum when working, if it has a folding stock, it must nkt fire with it folded.

I have a relative whos an feo, and got a wrist smacking when i bult a rifle from a 2240!

Igotknobblies

Many thanks Stoo. Good thing you said, as I may have been tempted. So its 6'Lb then. More than enough for Rattus Horribleus!
Regards,
IGK

NorthStaR

Been there too. Cost me a tube but UKStoo is correct.  ;)  It's not worth the hassle!

Hell, you'll end up building another... everyone does.  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....