• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240/2300 What Mods?

Started by Northwoods, April 03, 2012, 04:04:09 AM

Northwoods

Looking to add some mods. I have a 2240, and also a 2300 on the way. Please post links on where to order too thanks :)

mustangmike

you can get some bling parts from mellonair.com, but mellonair.com has great pricing on extended or long probe bolts, custom bolt handles
.22 disco, leapers 3-12x40 IR AO
.22 ccs 2400, leapers 4x32 (awaiting barrel swap & 7.5tko)
.22 gamo bigcat, rds
.177 walther 99q, low profile laser sight

Cowray

arkmaker †

Also, check out the LINKS section on the opening page to this forum. If ya could fill out your profile as to location, so we can tell if you are in the US or somewhere else, we can direct you better  ???

Those are two nice shooters you have coming  :-* May want to start with the 2230 and shoot the 2300 until you can get the 2240 where you want it.  That way you always have something to shoot.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Northwoods

Im from the us.

I have a bsa edge 2x7x32 on its way. I also have a set of rb cocobolo target grips comiing. Im looking iinto mr007s tri wing cap now too.

I was planning on keeping the 2300kt mostly stock for now while modding the 2240.

I think a steel breech would be the next step for the 2240?

How about power adjusters? I see the one on mellonair, but where does it go? On the back end cap of the pistol??

Also, i did notiice the trigger on the 2240 is very gritty and hard to pull...looks like the link you gave me would help with that?

arkmaker †

The steel breech or any aftermarket breech is a great start. That will make your barrel rock solid and allow you to mount a pistol scope or red dot. The Power adjuster take the place of your end cap. As for the trigger, do a search from the main page of the forum on trigger mods or trigger and you should come up with a bunch of posts. One of the first things to do, and it is free is to smooth ot the trigger. A fine emery india stone just to smooth out all the contact points and maybe a little compression of the spring to lighten it. A couple of very small dags of grease at all contact points and you will be surprised.

Or there are a bunch of aftermarket stuff out there. Some of the other guys may chime in about them. I tend to work with what came with the pistol myself, but I sure have heard a lot of good things about the 1701 trigger frame swap out. A bit more involved and around 40 bucks. Carl may be able to point you to his thread on that one.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Northwoods

Thanks for everyones input so far. Im looking at scope rings to get now...im assuming this takes a dovetail mount?

crossliner

Quote from: Northwoods on April 04, 2012, 07:56:58 PM
Thanks for everyones input so far. Im looking at scope rings to get now...im assuming this takes a dovetail mount?

It does.

1377x

steel breech and p-rod gf/tg.imo the best first mods to get.followed by valve mods
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

AccuShot makes a nice scope ring....solid and priced right.  It's what I have on my 2240 and they match up great with the Crosman steel breech...link follows:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001WJ4W2U/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Bill in Oregon

Just what does the steel breech do, if you're not planning to mount a scope or red dot?

chiefs50

It does provide a more solid support for the barrel.

JEBert

You can also mount much better open sights on it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

bradpsu

Also better accuracy.....along with that a more solid feel to the gun all the way around.  Much better feel in your hand....additional weight, yes....but good weight.  If that makes sense. 

lnetherwood

Hi,
I am from the U.K.  Have a look at www.gmaccustomparts.com   Gordon will always help if needed and there are instruction videos also, along with all the goodies you need.
I have just fully modded a new 2240 from scratch and it looks and feels superb. The brass parts look classy.
I also have less money too.!
Kind regards,
Les Netherwood. :)
When you get to the end of your tether, tie a knot in it !