13xx/22xx Stock Grip Stickies Review.

Started by arkmaker †, April 04, 2012, 05:14:33 PM

arkmaker †

I found these stick on grip pads on ebay. Price was $6.00 + $2.00 shipping. The guy who is selling them, sure isn't making any money off making them as they are all hand cut, not stamped out in the thousands. So are they priced right? Heck yeah! Now I have no connection to this guy (or gal, whichever the case may be), but a thoughtful improvement to our shooting hobby is worth a looksie, don't you think?

Now again,  they will not replace a nice set of wood grips. Won't even come close to the custom made wood from Rick, Justin, Helgrips and Ralph, but I do enjoy innovation, so I had to buy them and check them out. In fact, I was compelled. My finger would not stop from pressing the BUY NOW button! Such a simple idea and I do have to tell you all, that the grip is solid. Go ahead and sweat, sweat all you want! You will not loose your grip once these are on!

Install was a snap. Five minutes and they were in place. You need to take your time and place them slowly, but even with these, a fraction of an inch off is not going to kill you. This stuff is made of 3M material. The glue is good stuff and should lend itself to a long lasting hold even across the checkering (but that really remains to be seen). The texture is that found on steps tape, ya know the tape they put down on the landings of each step of a staircase. Yeah, that's the stuff. They also come with two more straight pieces, one for each side of the 13xx pump arm.

Easy install factor = A+
Grip factor = A+
Price w/shipping = A+
Feel in the hand = A (will take a bit of getting used to, it really grips!)
Looks = B+ (I still love wood, but hey, it is an improvement over the stock black grip giving a two-tone effect)
Durability = ? (remains to be seen once these are out in the hot sun for a while)

Initial take is that these little puppies are going to work out just fine until I can get a nice set of woodies!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Trial and Air

arkmaker †

They actually do look pretty good, don;t they?  :-*
The breech will get some Casey Brass Black as soon as I can down to the local hardware/gun shop!! I guess, I just don't like the look on my shooter and prefer the black and silver. That breech blacked out will shift the unbalanced appearance a bit to the center again.

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

mcc1961

Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

arkmaker †

Thanks for adding the link.......I just went ahead and invited him to the forum. Who knows, he may already be a member.
Rich

1377x

arkmaker,
what is the extra hole in the gripframe side plate for??

arkmaker †

Quote from: 1377x on April 04, 2012, 07:12:19 PM
arkmaker,

Bought this trigger frame (and most of the other parts on this pistol) separate form one in other. The grip frame came in a swap and was worked on by the previous owner. I do believe the hole you are referring to has a custom fitted trigger pin in it. He did a fine job, I only did a little touch up on the mating surfaces and now it is buttery smooth. I can't blame the trigger for my lousy shooting!! He also made the brass safety, which he didn't like, but I do. works great and someday I will polish it and transfer it to an all brass bling gun. I guess I could always put a dab of black paint on it?
Rich

1377x

i was supposed to install my brass left hand safeties yesterday but the crosman repair station was closed so i have to wait until friday or saturday to get the rest of the parts i need.

breakfastchef

Quote from: 1377x on April 04, 2012, 07:12:19 PM
arkmaker,

I can answer this question. When putting in a custom sear pin, the drill went too far. Easier to get a drop of Pellgun oil in there now.
Larry

Crosshairs

Very cool Rich.  :-*
                       Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

quickster47 †

Those are some nice grips there Mr. Rich. Sure hope they turn out to be durable.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Daysailer

Is it kind of rubbery feeling ?

That grip material looks like the 3M non-skid I use on my boats and boat trailers.
Getting harder to find.  Was once a stock item at my local boating stores, but now I can
only seem to find it on-line

If it is the same stuff,  I have some that has been on my most used sailboat trailer tongue and
fenders ( non skid use during weekly  launches) for over 8 years.  Always outside in
Northwest weather, the adhesive has not even hinted at letting go and sending me swimming,

Think I will order a set or two also.   His pattern looks very well thought out and executed.

Tks for the tip
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.

arkmaker †

That's the stuff. 3M non skid. Not really soft, but comfortable. I only put about 100 rounds down range today (which is a lot for me) and my hand feels fine. The stuff sure does grip well. I had the gun in the sun for a few hours after shooting and all still seems intact. One thing I did notice was that you can not slide your hand into a new position. You need to let loose and  re-grip. This works out well for me as I hold the pistol with my right hand and cock and load with my left. The pistol never changes grip position.

Man, was it hot out there today. I think we are in for a hot summer boys!! Get that Co2 stock piled  :D

Rich