am i the only one going bonkers waiting for the CCS?

Started by asset smith, April 09, 2012, 06:41:23 PM

asset smith

hi. i'm new to the forum so i hope im posting this right. anyways ordered a new CCS 2400kt on 3/17/12 and the wait is killing me. since i placed the order i have already bought a 1377 to tinker with in the mean time. and i've already added the 1399 stock, 760 forend, transfer port seal, and extended bolt probe. if i dont get that 2400kt soon there might be a 2240 and angry wife in my future. long story short I NEED MY NEW TOY! anyone hear anything about slowed production at the CCS? ???
"The dirty dozen for the price of one."

KevinP

Ha .. ur hooked.... They are crazy busy at this time ..... welcome to the forum .... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

asset smith

thanks kevinp. i have been tinkering for some time now but finally got off my lazy rump and joined the forum. i have a degree in gunsmithing but have been getting into airguns big time lately. its alot of good old fun, and a LOT cheaper than "powder burners". i was hopeing that they were just really busy and had'nt dropped my order somehow. (its my first CCS gun)

Crosshairs

Hang in there its worth the wait 4 to 6 weeks is the norm. I waited 2 month once for a 2400KT.
            Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

asset smith

howdy crosshairs. that makes me feel better and worse at the same time ;D everything i have read tells me its well worth the wait. should be any day now

Melvin

Quote from: asset smith on April 10, 2012, 04:53:37 AM
howdy crosshairs. that makes me feel better and worse at the same time ;D everything i have read tells me its well worth the wait. should be any day now

The wait is also killing me as I have a another Disco tube cut and ready for the parts that come on it.

asset smith

i keep checking my email like every 2 or 3 hours like a fiend. i kinda get a little steamed every time i look and find nothing >:( 11 more days and i'm at the 6 week mark and there is still shipping time to deal with. starting to think i should have just bought all the parts and built it myself. thanks for letting me blow off some steam guys. i feel a little better now ;)

asset smith

ok, last night i'm on the porch and there is 4 squirrils no more than 10 yards out laughing at me, like they know i cant do anything. currently i only have a nitro venom dusk .177, a 1377 and a couple of 760s. the 760s are in pieces at the moment and the venom dusk has too much power for that close a range, and i've never taken a tree rat with the 1377. so i guess what i'm getting at is: Is there enough nockdown power in a 1377 to take a squirrel in one shot with say a cphp? sorry if i should have put this in the hunting section ???, but if i had my 2400kt it would be a non issue.

cmj21973

Quote from: asset smith on April 11, 2012, 03:52:22 PM
ok, last night i'm on the porch and there is 4 squirrils no more than 10 yards out laughing at me, like they know i cant do anything. currently i only have a nitro venom dusk .177, a 1377 and a couple of 760s. the 760s are in pieces at the moment and the venom dusk has too much power for that close a range, and i've never taken a tree rat with the 1377. so i guess what i'm getting at is: Is there enough nockdown power in a 1377 to take a squirrel in one shot with say a cphp? sorry if i should have put this in the hunting section ???, but if i had my 2400kt it would be a non issue.

Depending on the 1377 condition and your skill to apply a head shot, yes it can.
I've used my stock 1377, made May of 1996, to take out chipmunks at 10-15 yards using .177 CPHP with 10 pumps.
I suggest head shots because any other shot placement results in a through and through, i.e. a slow but sure death.

asset smith

thanks for the info cmj21973. these squirrels are tearing up the garden pretty bad. good to know i have options while i wait for the 2400kt. :-*

KevinP

Remember that The NRA annual is this weekend... Crosman has a big showing there ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

asset smith

i know. i would love to go but im in florida and i think its in st. louis so thats a bit too far for me. are you going kevinp?

KevinP

It is in St. Louis this weekend .... no, can't this year  :(
Kevin
Albany, New York

Beagleman

Quote from: cmj21973 on April 11, 2012, 06:37:24 PM
Depending on the 1377 condition and your skill to apply a head shot, yes it can.

cmj21973, I dont know about killing squirrels with a stock 1377. I have a crosman 1077 and it is super accurate and it is advertised to do 625 fps at the muzzle, which I think is more than a 1377. I have shot squirrels with that at 7 yds and they run away hurt, but I never find them. I have seen pictures of guys killing tree rats with a 1377, but I just dont understand. And trust me, I am not trying to brag but I know I was hitting the squirrels in the kill zone (head) for I am a good shot. If you completely modified the 1377, that would be different.
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.

Beagleman

Asset smith, is your 1377 stock or modified?
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.