• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Stock for 1322

Started by Nightsniper52, April 19, 2012, 03:07:30 AM

Nightsniper52

Hi!
Im new here and this is my first post.   Buying my first 1322 and wanting hear your opinions and reviews on a Tippman stock or a Crosman 1399 ??   The Pro's/Con's of each one Please
Thanks!

JEBert

I like them both.  In my opinion:
The Tippman stock looks cool.  It is collapsible and the length of pull is adjustable.  Some expensive models have storage in them.  However, they won't let you get your head/eye low enough to see through iron sights or a scope/red dot without mounting your scope very high from the bore.  I saw at least one offset adapter on this forum that attempted to resolve this issue but I don't know how well it worked.  If you take it off to shoot as a pistol, the adapter is still there unless you carry around the original tube plug or a power adjuster to install in its place.  With the adapter in place without the stock, the setscrews tend to fall out unless you take them out for safekeeping.  I haven't found thumbscrews I like to replace them with yet.
The Crosman 1399 stock  is easy to change out for the pistol grips.  However, it has a long length of pull.  I modded mine by shortening it 2".  Some folks have problems with it wobbling or feeling loose.  Crosman has a pad that goes inside the bottom of the slot that remedies this.  Others have installed a third screw from the bottom to correct the wobbling/looseness.  I haven't needed a cheek piece or an adjustable buttplate, YMMV.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Nightsniper52

Quote from: JEBert on April 19, 2012, 05:07:45 AM
I like them both.  In my opinion:
The Tippman stock looks cool.  It is collapsible and the length of pull is adjustable.  Some expensive models have storage in them.  However, they won't let you get your head/eye low enough to see through iron sights or a scope/red dot without mounting your scope very high from the bore.  I saw at least one offset adapter on this forum that attempted to resolve this issue but I don't know how well it worked.  If you take it off to shoot as a pistol, the adapter is still there unless you carry around the original tube plug or a power adjuster to install in its place.  With the adapter in place without the stock, the setscrews tend to fall out unless you take them out for safekeeping.  I haven't found thumbscrews I like to replace them with yet.
TCrossmanman 1399 stock  is easy to change out for the pistol grips.  However, it has a long length of pull.  I modded mine by shortening it 2".  Some folks have problems with it wobbling or feeling looseCrossmanman has a pad that goes inside the bottom of the slot that remedies this.  Others have installed a third screw from the bottom to correct the wobbling/looseness.  I haven't needed a cheek piece or an adjustable buttplate, YMMV.
Cheers,
Thanks for your inputDoe's Do's the Crosman flex or iRigididgid??    Also where did you get Black Forearms???     

JEBert

The Crosman stock is pretty rigid.  However, I was able to flex it a little.  When I cut two inches out of it, I had to flex the lower leg down to line it up with the toe of the stock.
I have not been able to order a black forearm.  The black forearm is a result of applying some Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Liner Coating.  It comes in a spray can like spray paint.  It outlasts any paint I have tried.
Along those same lines, I have one green shoulder stock and one black one.  However, I have read on this forum that the green shoulder stock is now obsolete.  Seems like painting one or the other or both is now the only way to get a matching pair unless someone is willing to sell you an older one.   Again, not my experience, just from reading on here.  Try to order the color you want, YMMV.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Crosshairs

Here is another stock you can add to your 13XX shooter. Its very lite.
                                                    Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Nightsniper52

Thanks for the Opinions!  I have to think about whitch one i want now.  :)

BerkshireHunter

I personally find the 1399 stock to have a short length of pull... but, I guess I have long arms.  ???

Nightsniper52

Well the 1322 is on its way from PA along with the 1399 stock will be here Monday.  Now I have get my shopping list for the other goodies on the Mod.  Where can I get a Metal barrel band at ???  :)  PA told me they don't sell parts???   Thought they did!

BassManNate

Quote from: BerkshireHunter on April 21, 2012, 01:09:05 AM
I personally find the 1399 stock to have a short length of pull... but, I guess I have long arms.  ???

Nah, LOP has more to do with you're neck than your arms. If you have a long neck, you'll want a longer LOP. If you have the body of an offensive lineman, well, you get the picture.

eric

Quote from: Nightsniper52 on April 23, 2012, 01:53:54 AM
Well the 1322 is on its way from PA along with the 1299 stock will be here Monday.  Now I have get my shopping list for the other goodies on the Mod.  Where can I get a Metal barrel band at ???  :)  PA told me they don't sell parts???   Thought they did!
one is on the classifieds right now EDITED mr.007 is selling it, pm him
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Nightsniper52

Quote from: eric on April 24, 2012, 02:52:20 AM
one is on the classifieds right now EDITED mr.007 is selling it, pm him
I would like to see it but can't find the Classifieds!!!   Where is it???

quickster47 †

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Nightsniper52

It says that Im not allowed!!   >:(

JEBert

For Sale area will become available to you when you reach 15 posts.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

quickster47 †

Here's another way to modify the 1399 stock for use on any of the common Crosman guns like the 22XX and 13XX.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †