• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What gives you the most joy or satisfaction?

Started by bradpsu, May 04, 2012, 10:37:45 PM

bradpsu

We all take these basic guns, good as they are out of the box, and turn them into something special.  What is it that gives you the most joy / satisfaction in turning a stock Crosman into your own special firearm?  And feel free to include before and after pics if you have them....I, like everyone else, LOVE the pics so we can see the great and unique work done by you all. 

storsy

I'd say it's because they are so user friendly, mod wise, plus everyone can customise them fairly cheaply and improve what is an already great little pistol.
Changing calibre or turning into a carbine, creating your own adaptations as well as just buying upgraded parts.
What's not to like. :-*
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

Crosshairs

One thing i love about building custom guns is that one of a kind factor you make something with your own two hands in a way it's like art but air gun style. I like to do things i haven't seen done before making my own parts realy gives it a personal touch. And then you have the how does she shot factor,  building a gun thats a tack driver feels real good. Plus now that im retired it helps to pass the time and most of all it's just plane  fun.
                                                   Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

The thrill of the hunt is the "most joy" and once found, the restoration or modification process is the "satisfaction".

1377x

the joy of satisfaction for me!
building these guns is fun.
closed mouths dont get fed

Alrauder

For me, the thrill is with only the P-rod,,

Normally buying an air rifle, you take it out of the box and marvell at it and cannot wait to put those first few shots through it. You slap a scope on it, take it out, sight it in and maybe claim a few small varmint type targets - birds or rats or something, then once you're satisfied that it shoots half well, the initial hype begins to fade from a blood rush, to a more mellowed sense of satisfaction... It's rather like having sex - you see the beautiful women, get the hots, the blood rushes, that act happens in a blinding frenzy, the moment arrives,, then you break out the cigarettes. It was great fun but it's over... Oh it can happen again but, slowly but surely the initial hunger tapers off. It happens again - you see another women,, you get the feeling...

Then out of the blue you notice a different airgun, this time a Crosman/Benjamin Marauder Pistol. For me, this airgun breaks many barriers in airgunning...
1. I am generally NOT into air pistols. Have owned a few over they years but they've been for fun only,, shooting at pebbles on the road sort of thing.
2. I am NOT generally into PCP's. Again, I have owned a couple in the past but it's springs for me, all the way,, or at least that's what I thought. I don't really want any more PCP rifles, but maybe a pistol or two.
3. Most imprtantly.. The P-rod can be modified so easily and so extensively.

My P-rod looks nothing like it did when I first bought it. On the 24th Dec last year (2011), it was a pistol with a long'ish barrel and a reputation, fresh out of the box. Now, it has a collapsible/extendable stock (M16 A4 type), a rifle style scope (usual rifle eye relief length 40mm Hawke scope), bipod and of course the quietening device on the front of the barrel. Not only does it shoot consistently, but accurately too,, and,, it's very quiet and easy to handle. It's got everything going for it, for me. I am now in the throws of thinking about changing the transfer port to a slightly larger one, a .111 one,, just to get a lot more easily attained fps, bringing it up to and maybe even beyond one or two of my .22 cal air rifles, but half the size and weight. There are so many good sides to this gun that it just keeps ahold of your interest, well and truly..!!

The thrill about this gun is, well, how can I put it - ongoing..!!

I can't say that with the same meaning about any other airgun I have ever owned...

djholly

Alrauder

I thought that I posted these photos in here before but I can't quickly find them...

Edit... later...

Oh, I forgot, I added an LED torch - quite powerful too (side of scope) and I shrouded the quietening device with a heatshrink tube to stop getting small marks on the paintwork on it - sorry about the part numbers and description on the tube...

BDS

Quote from: Alrauder on May 07, 2012, 01:52:50 AM

I thought that I posted these photos in here before but I can't quickly find them...

Edit... later...

Oh, I forgot, I added an LED torch - quite powerful too (side of scope) and I shoruded the quietening device with a heatshrink tube to stop getting small marks on the paintwork on it - sorry about the part numbers and description on the tube...

Beauti-mus maximus :-*
Brian