• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Concerned about my KingRatcatcher, issue with co2 bottle

Started by balacau, May 08, 2012, 09:50:02 PM

balacau

Hi everyone

Following advice that I was given from another forum, I put a few dozen shots through my Crosman King RatCatcher every few months at some small targets I make from scrap wood.  It supposedly keeps the rifle working properly plus keeps me in practice I suppose!

A couple of days back, I was screwing one of the 88g Co2 bottles into place (fingertight).  As per the instructions I downloaded, check to see if it fires before very gently screwing it in a little more. 

I did this around three times (very gingerly I may add) before the Co2 bottle began to "vent off" through the two boles either side of the piercing assembly area.

While the rifle appears to be alright (minus the bottle of course), I am concerned about what may have happened and how much this may cost since its well out of warranty now.

I have another 2 88g bottles left, but unwilling to give it another try in case the rifle ends up being damaged.

Thinking back, it probably would have made more sense to get myself the standard RatCatcher with the much smaller Co2 bottles that give around 30 shots.  I have been told that you can use these on the King version but modifications are necessary.  Does anyone have any details concerning this?

Best regards

Gavin

Understanding is a 3-edged sword.  Your side, their side and the truth.

balacau

Sort of a reply to my own question, I've found the site that I was told about some time ago.  Based in the UK, they have the kit to convert the Crosman 2250XT to use the 12g Co2 bottles instead of using the much larger 88g ones.

http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/parts.htm#custom

Almost at the bottom on the page is their 12g Co2 Capsule Adaptor.  Comes in two pieces, the smallest of the two screws into the same thread that the 88g Co2 bottles use, while the larger piece which houses the 12g bottle, attaches onto the first piece.  I do hope this is correct!  If not, please let me know.

It might sound the easiest thing in the world but I am somewhat confused!  If anyone has done this conversion, do you have any picture/s showing where the Co2 bottle fits?

How to use, make sure the male threaded end is screwed in to the airsource/paintball adaptor first (there is no internal valve, so if you just screw the 2 halves together, you will lose all your gas), pop a capsule in, screw it all together and your gassed and ready to go.

Best regards

Gavin
Understanding is a 3-edged sword.  Your side, their side and the truth.

breakfastchef

What you describe sounds like a leaky seal. Yu can always buy a reseal kit and do it yourself.

Since you are in the UK, GMAC is another great place for parts and accessories.
Larry