Anyone heard from Don Cothran?

Started by bradpsu, May 10, 2012, 06:25:41 PM

bradpsu

You'll get your order # from the website with Don when you're done but he sends you an email later with the total including shipping and that's when I pay with my PayPal.  Usually the order is shipping very shortly there after.  The trick with Don is to catch him when he's not swamped with other orders...which can be tough.  I'm about 50/50 with my luck there.  His quality is worth the wait...that's"if" you can wait and be patient.  And I understand some can't. 

Fronzdan

I think there are a lot of patient and anxious people (me being one) who are waiting for Don to accept orders again.  I've been checking his site daily and notice his hit count keeps going up and up and up....such a good problem for him to have I guess!

KevinP

I have tried 3 times to order from him 1st one was in March .... nothing .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

bradpsu

I've placed two orders with him in the last month and a half and gotten both of them.  The 2nd one took longer than the first by far....but that was when he got very busy.  I'm guessing that payment issues may be the problem.  He's not great at responding to emails...especially when he is busy.  If you pay him via PayPal things go very smoothly.....each time I got a confirmation of my total I paid him via PayPal and the order shipped the next business day.  Just a thought....

KevinP

I guess the things I tried to order were not in stock than ....  ???
Kevin
Albany, New York

droid

I've just tried to order some bits showing in stock but just get the try after 31st May message.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Fronzdan

He'll get swamped the moment he flips the switch on ordering, lol.

bradpsu

I think for the most part he makes things as he goes....not sure he keeps much of a stock, at least large numbers of individual items.  He does this part time from what I understand...he has a full time job.  He's not your typical just go and pull two off the shelf and ship them type of business.  You just have to keep after him via the email on his site and be patient.  You will get your order....if you can't or don't want to wait then there are other more standard suppliers out there.  His stuff is worth a little patience though in my humble opinion.  Mention you are on this forum and maybe that will expedite things...he doesn't want "bad press"...just be cool about it.  Okay...done schilling for him now....you guys are going to start accusing me of working for him (which I don't in any way). 

Fronzdan

Nah, everyone speaks highly of the man and his work.  :-*

Funny I posted about this today...I just checked his site and it appears he is taking orders again.  I just submitted mine and got an order number.  Also sent an email asking for the shipping/total.  So just wait until he replies, eh?

bradpsu

Yup...you'll get an email from him with something like "hostmaster" in the address along with "Cothran".  That will be your total cost for the order along with options on how to pay I think.....he also has info for that on the site I think.  I just PayPal him to move things along quicker. 

Fronzdan

Ahh thanks. I didn't know he listed the shipping costs on the site too.  Found it and just made payment.  $100 worth of stainless steel goodness!!!

bradpsu

Cool!   :-*  Show us the pics once the goodies arrive. 

cheewee

like Bradpsu i have ordered from Don 3 times using paypal and have always received my goods, sometimes it just takes a little longer.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

droid

Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Fronzdan

Here comes the tidal wave of orders!! ;D