• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pumping messing up scope accuracy??

Started by lburgguy, May 17, 2012, 10:10:35 PM

lburgguy

I put a Barska 4x15 rimfire scope on my 1377 and I swear I can not get it sighted in.  My groupings are like 3" at 50'!  With the stock sights I was shooting 1" groupings at 50'.  Is it possible that when I pump my gun I'm disrupting the optics in the sight?  Could it be defective??  Thanks!
I should also note that I'm using the Crosman metal breech kit with this setup.

1377x

only if your rings arent tight or defective scope
i had a rws scope,leapers scope and 2 tasco red dots the poa/poi never changed even bumped them a few times
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

a few things to try are --- try the scope on a different gun if possible and see if the results are the same. that would be first -- make sure the scope isn't faulty. the rings could be an issue also .then the ver present reality that scope is put on wrong --- i have done that  :( :o :-X :D :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

BDS

Quote from: lburgguy on May 17, 2012, 10:10:35 PM
I put a Barska 4x15 rimfire scope on my 1377 and I swear I can not get it sighted in.  My groupings are like 3" at 50'!  With the stock sights I was shooting 1" groupings at 50'.  Is it possible that when I pump my gun I'm disrupting the optics in the sight?  Could it be defective??  Thanks!
I should also note that I'm using the Crosman metal breech kit with this setup.

Does is stay within the 3" at 50 yards? Are there any consistent shots within the 3"? ???

Sorry to say but, that Barska sells for about $11, and you get what you get at that price point :(

You need a decent 3-7x or 3-9x scope with an AO that adjusts down to about 10 yards and out to infinity. :-*

There is no recoil in your gun so... any of the Walmart/Centerpoint scopes will do a decent job, $25 to $35 normally.
Brian