• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Can't hit the broad side of a football field.

Started by gdm620, May 25, 2012, 11:40:20 PM

gdm620

Free Hand!

Finally had some free time to go shoot my P-Rod today.  It was cloudy and calm.  I made me a shooting bench so I wanted to go try it out.  I shot some 2 inch targets out at 50 yards off the rest.  Then I tried one at 50 Yards free hand.  Man I suck free hand.  Need more practice.  I shot 3 smaller one inch targets at 25 yards from the rest.  These are crosman dome 14.3 gr. pellets.  This gun seems to like them.  I had a good time shooting today.  It is raining out now.  We needed the rain though.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

BDS

Free hand is an art, hard practiced! You have to do a lot of it.

I do too much bench and chair sittin shootin myself, it's comfortable, the feedback is great (all in the bull or near it) and it's closer to the refreshments than standing  ;D
Brian

Colt25

Nice shooting! I am very bad at freehand with a pistol. Thats the kind of group I get a 10m :(

woody67

What kind of sight/scope/etc do you have on your p rod?

Can you put up a picture?

1377x

great shooting!
was it have the stock attached? or no stock?
closed mouths dont get fed

gdm620

Quote from: woody67 on May 25, 2012, 11:55:10 PM
What kind of sight/scope/etc do you have on your p rod?

Can you put up a picture?

I have it posted in the gallery forum.  You can see it there.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

Quote from: 1377x on May 26, 2012, 12:13:40 AM
great shooting!
was it have the stock attached? or no stock?
Tippmann stock attached.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

Alrauder

It might suck,, you might be to practise,, it may be an art,, but if you think that's bad you haven't seen me try it yet,, and you're not ever going to see me make a fool of myself either. When I was a bit younger, I was reasonably good at grouping with most firearms I owned but now I make no false claims as to my non ability to continually shoot well. If I have a rest to shoot from, I am ok but I wouldn't even attempt any freehand standing. High blood pressure put a stop to any of that. I have tablets to take for it but they make me feel the exact opposite,, like I have no pressure at all and I get dizzy...

It's the devil and the deep blue sea for me... I'll settle for the deep blue...

Practise I guess is the answer for you...

sandpiper

Being too hard on yourself with that off hand shooting. Looks good  :-*

BassManNate

Nothing to sneeze at with a pistol at 50 yards.