• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

air stripers

Started by cheewee, June 10, 2012, 08:56:26 PM

cheewee

what are your thoughts on them, yes or no.
woud be interested in your comments on there performance.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

Xgecko

I bought mine for looks and to prevent sound from traveling out a the kitchen window when I'm shooting. It definitely succeeds in the first case and is about 50% quieter in the second...which is to say downrange noise level has been reduced. if there are any accuracy improvements they are welcome but since I have been improving as I have gotten back into shooting so its hard to say
The earth without ART is just "eh"

Cowray

The theory behind them is solid. Remove turbulent gas existing the muzzle and it can't negatively affect the flight of the pellet. They are precision divides. Exit tub diameter and spacing from muzzle are very important. I believe they also have more benefit for high-power/short barrel guns. Mike at TKO has mad them. I might have him make one for me, I have some design ideas.

Gippeto

I have played around with two "basic" designs that I made on four different airguns. In all cases, there was a decrease in group size.

Noise level from a shooter perspective increased...not sure about downrange noise level, and have no intention of being downrange to test it. ;)

"Compensator/stripper"

4 flute stripper

Takes a bit of fiddling with the cone position to get the desired results. Seems to make more impact when lighter pellets are used at higher power levels...which makes perfect sense IMO.

Al

cheewee

Gippeto love the look of the 4 flute  :-*
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

arkmaker †

Yeah, those are lookers for sure!!  :-* :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22