• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pulled the trigger on a 2400kt

Started by 728b, June 13, 2012, 06:29:06 PM

728b

I had almost decided to wait! In fact I had made up my mind I would not order one for now. Then this morning I looked at a web page with a lot of pictures of different mods. That's what has me hooked. The thoughts of making a completely unique carbine. I have no idea what, how or how long it will take for the mods, but I am looking forward to the fun and learning.

I had "American Kestrel" engraved on the side of the gun because it will mainly be a HOSP hunter. I ordered it in the .22 with the 14" barrel. With the life time warranty this gun will be a hand-me-down to a grandchild some day. That thought is worth a lot to me as well.

Darryl the lesser

BDS

OK  :D

You will be hooked in no time on that gun.

Let the game$ begin  :-*
Brian

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

eric

very nice but the warranty is void if you mod that gun .....
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Cowray

Quote from: eric on June 13, 2012, 10:35:50 PM

Unless you can "unmod" it to get the warranty work done.

KevinP

Quote from: eric on June 13, 2012, 10:35:50 PM

They know that ....  that's why they make it so easy to do .... or perhaps promote it behind the scenes ....  ???

but really, does anyone care ?????????????????? parts are so cheap ...................... :-*  :)
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Quote from: KevinP on June 13, 2012, 11:52:48 PM
They know that ....  that's why they make it so easy to do .... or perhaps promote it behind the scenes ....  ???

but really, does anyone care ?????????????????? parts are so cheap ...................... :-*  :)

I guess it's all relative, as you point out Kevin. The 2240 design has no one, catastrophic failure point, that's the beauty of the design and as you noted, the cost of parts. Other than "principle", I would rather fix it myself and maybe... convince Cros that they just send the failed part to me at their expense? At the end of the day, you either have a good barrel or not, and a good vlave or not, all else is cosmetic and/or very fixable as DIY (unless you back over it in the garage! ;D)
Brian

KevinP

Yep ... fix it yourself or ship it out and wait wait ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

eric

Quote from: KevinP on June 13, 2012, 11:52:48 PM

but really, does anyone care ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? parts are so cheap ...................... :-* :)
they know what   ----   paying for a life time warranty is a sham --- why spend the money if YOU are going  to mod it .they are so simple and anything that will  fail under their warranty under "NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" they won't cover so  why pay for it  ???  as said before parts are cheap and  there  are pretty of folks out there  that can fix it if something  happens . 

728b

Looks like I wasted $10.  >:( I wonder, since there is a 3-6 weeks waiting period, if I can change that part of my order? 
Darryl the lesser

eric

you could  call and ask ----for the $10 i wouldn't   worry to much about it --- look  at as  a learning  lesson for next time  ;) :)

1377x

Quote from: 728b on June 14, 2012, 03:54:37 PM
Looks like I wasted $10.  >:( I wonder, since there is a 3-6 weeks waiting period, if I can change that part of my order? 
since you dont have the gun yet call them and tell/ask if you can opt out of the lifetime warranty and get the $10 credited back to your card
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

I think you only have 48 hr to change the order .... but you can cancel it .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

728b

$10 life lesson. Experience is cheap if you get it second hand. I made the mistake so you guys don't have to. :-*
Darryl the lesser

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York