• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 600

Started by sinter, June 15, 2012, 12:57:10 AM

sinter

I  just got bequest a Crosman 600 air pistol. The pistol appears to be in good shape except for some scratches on the outside 1 inch of the muzzle.  Also  the trigger guard has some scratches on it.  Should I duracoat the trigger guard an the scratches on the muzzle or will that decrease the value. Ive attached two photos, one of each side

arkmaker †

That looks like a sweetheart of a shooter! Personal preference on if to spruce it up or not. To me, if done properly, it only adds to the value. More people will kick in feedback for you, I am sure.

Don;t forget to drop by the Introduce Yourself section.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

woody67

That looks a bit different than the other 600's I've seen around here.
Is it, or is it just me?

1377x

i think the value will stay the same whether you leave it or durocoat it
the value increases and decreases with the box,paperwork,if its a sears or jchiggins and function imo
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

The 600 is an awesome gun, but far from priceless. If you want to shoot it regularly, repaint it when it needs a reseal job. Dura-Coat is an excellent choice. If you plan to just show it off, leave it alone. Personally, I believe a 600 that looks like new will sell a lot faster than one that is beat up looking.
Larry

1377x

from the pics it doesnt look to bad
maybe it looks different in person
closed mouths dont get fed

Cross Pistol Packer

Amazing what a little permanent black marker pen can do,then wipe over with oily rag.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

The 600 pistol would require some diligent and careful dismantling to properly re-finish but, once done, they are a beauty  :-*

Get hold of crosshairs (Mike) on this forum for his opinion and... Tim at Mac1 Airguns has alot of knowledge on the 600 guns, they can be tempermental and need adjustment and cleaning to work correctly and... the right pellets.
Brian

seagullplayer

I need a reseal kit for my 600 and instructions??
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

BDS

Re-seal kits from Mac1 Airguns

Instructions? Start here and go through four (4) of his blogs to see how the gun comes apart etc.

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/crosman-model-600-disassembly-part-1.html

Keep in mind that at least half the folks who tear into a 600, end up sending it to Mac1 or other good repair guys to put back together, it's not a totally intuitive or obvious assembly like a 2400 or 1377.

Spent 3 weeks on mine last year (most time on the re-fishing) and that was WITH the help of and expert who has re-built dozens of them. Here's my finished product....  :-\ :-*
Brian

breakfastchef

Quote from: seagullplayer on March 20, 2014, 06:13:23 PM
I need a reseal kit for my 600 and instructions??

Download the Crosman Factory Service Manual. It has a section on the 600. You can find a copy here - http://stevespages.com/pdf/crosman_factory_service_manual_all.pdf

Larry

Bazmati2020

Brian your 600 looks fantastic.  Mine is identical to the OP's even worn in same places.

Love it to bits and daren't take apart.  My plan is as above, wait until it needs a reseal and I will ask an expert to disassemble and do a refinish.  I just won't risk doing myself

BDS

Larry... good call on that old manual, I often forget about it and it has tons o' good info.

BAZ... mine was a beater when I got it, only paid $70 for it, put about $50 worth of new or re-created parts in her and re-finished it in Duracote black. The grips were new-old-stock from Mac1 that he found in a box amongst the cob-webs, lucky find on those, so many are warped or cracked.  :-*
Brian

quickster47 †

I have four Crosman 600 guns and have learned that the value is in what the other person is willing to pay.  And with that said a good paint finish will increase the value if it is done properly.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †