• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

shooting with the pump arm open?

Started by sbcrockett, July 30, 2012, 06:24:52 AM

sbcrockett

my buddy had an old Crosman 1300 .22 and he said he used to leave the pump arm open and use it as a vertical grip when shooting. does anyone know if that would cause a problem with the newer 1377 or 1322?

akula8608

I don't see why that would be a problem. Seems a bit unstable to me. But if you like to shoot like that lock and load.
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1986-2008

Crosshairs

The only problem i see is maybe dirt and dust ccan get in there over time. But thats it  ??? But i really can't see a reason to use it that way.
                                        Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

woody67

I used to occasionally leave the pump arm open on my 1377, and use it as a bipod. (Well, i guess more like a unipod?)

Never had an issue. The valve is already full of air, and the pump arm and piston don't have any other function (like sealing the air in the valve) other than to fill the valve.
Shoot on!!
:-*

sbcrockett

Quote from: woody67 on July 30, 2012, 04:06:04 PM
I used to occasionally leave the pump arm open on my 1377, and use it as a bipod. (Well, i guess more like a unipod?)

Never had an issue. The valve is already full of air, and the pump arm and piston don't have any other function (like sealing the air in the valve) other than to fill the valve.
Shoot on!!
:-*

I think that's the main reason my buddy would shoot that way. I've never tried it, but good to know the pump arm doesn't interfere with the valve operation. Thanks guys.

RC1947

I've tried it, but it didn't work for me. RC