• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How do you spell "fail"?

Started by jdub, August 02, 2012, 05:38:04 AM

jdub

Today I'm spelling it H-B-1-7.

Sitting here working on this brand-spankin-new HB17 trying to figure out why it's squealing and grinding.  I take a break and look at the crown to see if it has the famous Benjamin paint-in-the-muzzle job.   Yeah, there's paint there but there's also something WAY better than paint:

Okay so there's a ding in the crown--it's on the outside so no big deal right?  But wait:

A nice split right up the bottom of the barrel.   Sweet.

Boxing it up now.  I sure am glad I bought through Pyramyd so there won't be any hassle sending it back.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

joe k

thats a shame seems like QC missed that.
joe

JEBert

Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

Ooie Pooie.  Looks like you are in need of an upgrade/fix from the factory.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Send it back ASAP.
       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jdub

I emailed PA for an RMA # just after I posted the pics.  Should get it today and this beauty will be on its way tomorrow.

millipede

yeah that's not what you paid 150 bucks for....

Fronzdan

Holy crap!  You're essentially shooting through a roll pin like on the end of a 13xx!  That's the worst from-the-factory defect I've ever seen.

Although on second thought...that ain't nothin a little duct tape and super glue can't fix.  A good stiff rubber band should tighten your groups to under 18"@ 10 yds.   ;)

Thank God you bought from PA.  I know some vendors who'd force you to go through the factory.  Good luck, man.

KevinP

Bummer ... looks like quality control is not working to good ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Quote from: jdub on August 02, 2012, 05:21:45 PM
I emailed PA for an RMA # just after I posted the pics.  Should get it today and this beauty will be on its way tomorrow.

Replacement or credit for sumthin else? Even with a good barrel, it's still the (stiff) and hard to modify HB? (unless you really want it and that's what it's all about anyway :-*)
Brian

jdub

Quote from: BDS on August 02, 2012, 07:45:18 PM
Replacement or credit for sumthin else? Even with a good barrel, it's still the (stiff) and hard to modify HB? (unless you really want it and that's what it's all about anyway :-*)
Refund. 

Even if it had a good barrel it's far cry from the Sheridan HB20 I already have.  I was hoping it would be very similar but there were too many issues.  It's not horrible but even at the discounted $99 I think there are better deals out there. 

I obviously got a lemon but it sounds like the pumping issues are pretty common.   Just to clarify this is not just a problem of being difficult to pump.  When you pull the pump arm away from the tube on what should be the effortless half of the pump stroke it is very gritty and grabby *before* you even begin the compression half of the stroke.   I have 6 other pumpers in my office right now and none exhibit this roughness.

If it was hard to pump but smooth I'd be a keeper.  The pistol I received is anything but smooth.   Hopefully it's just a bad one.