• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

CO2 cart brands?

Started by uk2240, August 10, 2012, 03:34:36 PM

uk2240

Does anyone know if 2240's are fussy about which brand of carts are used? reason i asked i had a old gamo auto 45 which was great with some brands but leaked a pig with others?

also i found someone in the uk where i can get carts about half the price i'm paying for crosman ones .
Crosman 2240 - with GMAC trigger mods

BDS

A few things to consider with co2 carts, especially the "bargain" brands (as compared to Crosman, Walther or Daisy)

1) Consistency of length. Not a huge issue in screw-to-tighten type guns but, can be a problem in guns that use a lever type device (fixed length) to pierce and hold the cartridge
2) Sealing surface. Close inspection of the Crosman and Walther brands shows a very uniform and defined sealing surface, other brands and Chinese stuff...not so much!
3) Internal cleanliness. Crosman (and likely Walther too) "pickle" their steel sheets as they enter the forming process, this makes for bright, clean interiors.
4) Total capacity filled. There have been those who have weighed the various bargain brands before and after and, 12 grams can actually be 11 or 10.5 or..?

Basically, it comes down to QC, process controls and consistency across huge batches (100's of 1000's) of cartridges. Crosman was/is the leader in co2 cart mfg, Walther are as good or better IMO.
Brian

uk2240

Cheers for that BDS, guess that goes some way to explainging why the gamo liked some carts better than others.
Crosman 2240 - with GMAC trigger mods

BDS

No worries mate, my years of trial and error passed along to those who might benefit from it !  :D  :-*
Brian